Kramer essential sale at Sur La Table

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Indeed a great price.

Always wanted to try a Kramer. They also have a good return policy.

We have 2 of the 5" utilities in our house in carbon--half-way tempted to get one of these, too. Dandy little knives.

This is the best deal I've seen on the Kramer essential line. Bought an 8" essential for my girlfriend a couple years ago and found myself using it often because I didn't have any good stainless knives at the time. The steel is easy to sharpen, gets real sharp and has good edge retention. It seems they have their heat treat dialed in with this steel.
I often us this knife to practice sharpening or to try new stones. With so much height I'm not worried about grinding away too much steel.
As to the Kramer profile, some like it, some don't. I've found the 8" chef knife to be versatile. It's kind of like a santoku with more belly and a pointed tip.
At this price it's certainly worth a try if your'e interested in trying a "Kramer" or looking for a sub $150.00 quality stainless knife.

Cutlery and More has the 8" chef at $112. On sale at $139 less another 20% for Labor Day.

Back