Kramer Zwilling 10" Chef's Knive arrived

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deanb

KKF Supporting Member
Founding Member
Reaction score
Pic1.jpgPic5.jpgPic2.jpgPic3.jpgP4.jpg

Got the new Kramer Zwilling knife today.:thumbsup: Some of the pics show it with the real Kramer 9" Chef's knife for comparison. I was very pleasantly surprised with the knife. I was prepared to be a little disappointed but not so. The F&F is excellent. The distal taper is comparable to the real Kramer and the choil and spine are nicely rounded. The OOTB edge is pretty good. Haven't had a chance to sharpen it yet. It's perfectly balanced at the bottom of the bolster and feels very much like the real deal in my hand.

I tried to get some shots of the choil and spine but the came out like cr@p.

I think Zwilling has a winner on its hands. Since its carbon, you can thin the crap out of it without worrying about the pattern.

That's pretty damn close. How big is the gap between the ferrule and the blade?

I think it's cool that you've got the real deal and one of its clones.

on one hand, the real Kramer appears a little thinner ... on the other - the new one is longer ... looks pretty good, though! i'm impressed!

Don't expect to see any real reviews in the media anytime soon. Henckels' US ad agency is willing to loan the press a knife for 10 days with a signed statement you will return it totally unused, in mint resellable condition including the box and any paperwork it contains.

That looks like a winner. Zwilling knows what they're doing again.

It seems that they used leaded brass in those (or at least that's what the 6" model says on the site)...just an FYI; besides that, the knife looks great!

played around w/ the knife at my local sur la table yesterday. it has a very thick spine especially towards the neck area.

played around w/ the knife at my local sur la table yesterday. it has a very thick spine especially towards the neck area.

Spine thickness is not a great indicator of performance especially on a knife that is tall like the Kramer.

The spine thickness of the Kramer Zwilling is actually slightly thinner than the real Kramer. I put the new knife to the stones tonight. The progression was 1k, 5k, 8k, and 12k. All Shapton Pros. Then to the strop loaded with CO2. Scary sharp, really scary.

The spine thickness of the Kramer Zwilling is actually slightly thinner than the real Kramer. I put the new knife to the stones tonight. The progression was 1k, 5k, 8k, and 12k. All Shapton Pros. Then to the strop loaded with CO2. Scary sharp, really scary.
I want to see a knife in their work:)

Spine thickness is not a great indicator of performance especially on a knife that is tall like the Kramer.

No, but just pointing out my observations. It is significantly more substantial than any chefs knives i have experienced

I'm really suprised how much i like this knife, it looks like it could be a real winner.

It would be interesting to see some decent reviews on this one, i'm tempted to hand over some hard earned $ on this one.

I'm really suprised how much i like this knife, it looks like it could be a real winner.

It would be interesting to see some decent reviews on this one, i'm tempted to hand over some hard earned $ on this one.

Are you saying my review was not decent?? Just kidding, or course it wasn't a proper review. Just my impressions. I can pretty much guarantee that if you buy this knife that you won't be disappointed. l was amazed at how close it came to the real Kramer. Good luck, however way you choose to go.:)

Thanks for taking the time to share the pics and review of your new knife Dean.

Dean, thanks for the mini-review. Please keep your impressions coming, especially those you gain when you start using the knife, especially compared to the "real deal".

My experience with other knives made from 52100 is that they are not overly reactive, and I'd like to hear about this knife in that regard.

Thanks, again,

Rick

I should be getting one when my local SLT gets them in stock. I post some pic/vids/measurements when I do.

I should be getting one when my local SLT gets them in stock. I post some pic/vids/measurements when I do.

Let me know when they do - I may have to make a trip up that way to check them out! As long as you don't get the only 10-inch one!

It looks like choil on the Zwilling is less rounded than the real thing. How are the spines compared to each other? Is one less rounded?

Back