Quantcast

KS Gyuto arrived

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

TamanegiKin

Reaction score
Much to my delight, my 240 Masamoto KS arrived yesterday. It measures 250 heel to tip and was finished with what looked like a 90/10 right biased bevel. It's not really sharpened, that's what I was expecting and It's a non issue. Fit and finish are nice by my newbish standards. A bit more weight to it compared to my Konosuke (as expected). I sharpened it last night and took it to work today. First impression is a good one! I really enjoyed the profile, took a few minutes to get used to it. Only thing I'm not thrilled with is the handle , I prefer the octogonal handles. 2 cases romas, half a sack of onions, squash, cucumber, cheyote, fresno chili, jicama, tuna etc...I threw what ever I could at it. I was all smiles the whole way through.
One question for you guys- what is the best method for removing the protective layer on the knife? I flitzed it and scrubed it prior to using it but a couple spots remain that are resisting sweet patination. Thanks in advance.

Mattias504

Reaction score
Awesome and all but I just can't understand why there aren't any pics....

TamanegiKin

Reaction score
Awesome and all but I just can't understand why there aren't any pics....
I know I know... Unfortunately I can only get online from my phone at the moment, I'm in the process of moving. I'll see if I can figure out a way of uploding some pics from my phone.

Cadillac J

Reaction score
KS getting a ton of love lately.

Posting about a new knife without pics is sacrilege...get on that man!

stevenStefano

Reaction score
Just use the knife and after a few days I usually find the coating sort of wears away. I actually like the handle on the Masamotos, the red engraved bit at the end looks cool

TamanegiKin

Reaction score
Apologies for the crummy pics, phone camera...
I couldn't figure out how to embed them either. I need my computer back.

EdipisReks

Reaction score
ooOOoo blonde ferrule... :eek:vg:
that's the one thing i miss about the stock handle from my Mizuno. in every other way Stefan's handle is far superior, but that blonde ferrule was awfully pretty.

99Limited

Founding Member
Reaction score
For a phone camera, those pics are pretty good of a pretty nice knife. Enjoy!

TamanegiKin

Reaction score
that's the one thing i miss about the stock handle from my Mizuno. in every other way Stefan's handle is far superior, but that blonde ferrule was awfully pretty.
I've never really considered rehandling a knife but I must say that the urge to get my first artisan handle is growing. I've been drooling shopping handles on Dave and Stefans sites.