KS Gyuto arrived

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TamanegiKin

Reaction score
Much to my delight, my 240 Masamoto KS arrived yesterday. It measures 250 heel to tip and was finished with what looked like a 90/10 right biased bevel. It's not really sharpened, that's what I was expecting and It's a non issue. Fit and finish are nice by my newbish standards. A bit more weight to it compared to my Konosuke (as expected). I sharpened it last night and took it to work today. First impression is a good one! I really enjoyed the profile, took a few minutes to get used to it. Only thing I'm not thrilled with is the handle , I prefer the octogonal handles. 2 cases romas, half a sack of onions, squash, cucumber, cheyote, fresno chili, jicama, tuna etc...I threw what ever I could at it. I was all smiles the whole way through.
One question for you guys- what is the best method for removing the protective layer on the knife? I flitzed it and scrubed it prior to using it but a couple spots remain that are resisting sweet patination. Thanks in advance.

Awesome and all but I just can't understand why there aren't any pics....

Awesome and all but I just can't understand why there aren't any pics....

I know I know... Unfortunately I can only get online from my phone at the moment, I'm in the process of moving. I'll see if I can figure out a way of uploding some pics from my phone.

KS getting a ton of love lately.

Posting about a new knife without pics is sacrilege...get on that man!

Just use the knife and after a few days I usually find the coating sort of wears away. I actually like the handle on the Masamotos, the red engraved bit at the end looks cool

Apologies for the crummy pics, phone camera...
I couldn't figure out how to embed them either. I need my computer back.

ooOOoo blonde ferrule... :eek:vg:

that's the one thing i miss about the stock handle from my Mizuno. in every other way Stefan's handle is far superior, but that blonde ferrule was awfully pretty.

For a phone camera, those pics are pretty good of a pretty nice knife. Enjoy!

that's the one thing i miss about the stock handle from my Mizuno. in every other way Stefan's handle is far superior, but that blonde ferrule was awfully pretty.

I've never really considered rehandling a knife but I must say that the urge to get my first artisan handle is growing. I've been drooling shopping handles on Dave and Stefans sites.

Latest posts

Back