Kurosaki AS knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20150108_090659_1-picsay_zps3b6c3e9c.jpg

Wicked choil shot

20150108_090530_2-picsay_zps3015aa79.jpg
20150108_090629_1_zpsb593abee.jpg
20150108_090425_zpsc8bc5742.jpg
20150108_090021_2_zps494aac43.jpg
20150108_085915_2_zps353e3bcf.jpg

Sounds like you got a sweet knife. Kinda makes me want to get one, but I have too many pending knives already.

I forgot to mention that though the knife feels somewhat light (not laser light), when cutting through denser veggies it feels like you're using a much heavier workhorse-esque knife as it just falls through the product.

Those are some beautiful pics! That AS 240 Gyuto looks and sounds crazy impressive!

What worries me about this line is the spot close to the heel where the cladding dips down to the edge. The guy who does videos for CKtG mentioned that on many of the different knife styles in this series there are spots where the cladding comes to the edge or close to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What worries me about this line is the spot close to the heel where the cladding dips down to the edge. The guy who does videos for CKtG mentioned that on many of the different knife styles in this series there are spots where the cladding comes to the edge or close to.

Would this actually ever be a real issue? It seems like the exposed edge would always be center core steel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would this actually ever be a real issue? It seems like the exposed edge would always be center core steel.

You would never know what's behind the cladding and whether core steel is straight. If core steel is warped out of alignment, then we will be talking about hole in the edge.

I agree completely with marc4pt0. A lovely knife to look at and use. It arrived before I started a big family dinner. It was so attractively made and pleasant in the hand that I said “why not” and moved it ahead of my perennial favourite Carter Perfect Kitchen Knife. I loved it through the entire dinner prep and even used it rather than a sujihiki to carve the roast of beef. It’s been a long time since a knife has caught my eye at such a reasonable price point. I’ve already ordered another knife from his stainless line.

Back