• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Kurosaki AS KU Fujin & Damascus DIY project

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ma_sha1

Reaction score
Knife block overflowing, & more coming in, so one of the two knives must go! But I don’t have the heart to choose, I love em both.

$295 CANUS Shipped either one, your pick.
Thread re-born celebration 🤗 Reduced to $275

The AS Fujin is a 180mm Gyuto, about 184/185mm actual edge length IIRC. Still my prettiest knife ever, but havent seen any action lately after I made my own Shig Kasumi 180. Knife has only lite use on small items like scallion, herbs & meat etc., sharpened twice, 15 degree angle. Stainless clad, only edge is carbon.

The Damascus DIY Is 222mm edge length, the one I recently made here: Toyama Dammy DIY
Performance is on par with my Toyama iron-clad, & the handle came out real nice IMHO. Would love to hear buyer feedback on this one. Its blue 2 steel with Damascus iron-clad, very reactive, but the meat cutting patina is starting to form & very pretty. It has seen very lite use.

Each knife has some small flaws: Fujin has a small piece of wood broke off right below ferrule, as I accidentally stabbed it with another knife. I filled it in with dark filings but you can still see it on one of of the photos.

The Damascus DIY has some discoloration below the spine in one are on both sides, can be seen in one of the photos too, because I clamped it (plastic clamp) right after etching for sharpening, it rubbed off part of the etching. Should have waited a bit longer after etching. I think it’ll be gone once the knife is fully formed with patina.
350FCE04-9D15-4012-910C-FEF14220505A.jpeg
F7FCD311-64A4-4605-A792-1D29ECB87F1E.jpeg
40F0E572-B91B-4B33-A4E9-463F51F23E0D.jpeg

Last edited:
The AS Fujin is a 180mm Gyuto, about 184/185mm actual edge length IIRC. Still my prettiest knife ever, but havent seen any action lately after I made my own Shig Kasumi 180. Knife has only lite use on small items like scallion, herbs & meat etc., sharpened twice, 15 degree angle. Stainless clad, only edge is carbon.

View attachment 97063
This is a nice light knife and the turquoise is a great visual pop that works for a smaller knife (even for someone who doesn't like turquoise handles, and I do like them). GLWS (and the contribution to KKF cultural history).

The thread title AND text were edited to avoid confusion. All off-topic and irrelevant comments were removed (all 28 of then). Doing all this meant I missed my morning coffee, expect consequences.

Should similar confusion with a thread title and description occur again in the future, I would kindly ask those finding it not OK to reported it instead of starting a poo storm. Thank you

Last edited:
What was the donor knife that you used for the Damascus DIY?

It’s a B2 Dammy blank, no name like other knife blanks but cost more than other typical knife blanks. It’s exact nature shall remain a trade secret.

Feel free to ask any questions about the Knife itself if you are interested in buying. The knife was made bench-marking my Toyama Iron-clad in making it, & in my hand, it performed very similar with the same high-shinogi convex grind.

I am not gonna link to my DIY knife-making thread just to avoid ANY potential confusion & be respectful to the mods Who kindly locked it & later removed the poo storm.

Anyone who’s interested in this knife can find the original DIY thread from my profile & read-up on it.

Spec:

edge: 222 mm
heel height: 48mm
spine at handle 4mm
weight: 186 gram
Handle; Russian Karelian Birch with buffalo horn.

If a buyer find this Knife does not perform at the level of your BEST gyuto, I don’t care what price range you compare it to, I”ll take it back, & would love to hear the feed back.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I think it would be helpful to know the smith behind the blank purchased.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to just say I tried to make a sincere and very kind comment that was the only one to survive the poo storm. For once it wasn’t my fault. Seriously, it’s a wonderful lighter aogami Super knife With a refreshing aesthetic and hope it finds a good home.

The core steel is Blue 2, source of blank is unknown. Don’t buy if this is not sufficient info.

To celebrate the BST post being re-born, thanks to mods cleaning up & upholding BST rules:

Priced reduced $ 275 either knife. Shipped CanUS.

Only one knife is for sale, the other knife will be withdrawn when one is sold.

Mods are getting very sick of cleaning this thread up.

PLEASE READ THE BST RULES BEFORE POSTING IN BST.

Don't make up your own BST rules.

If you have an off topic or negative comment to make, make it in another thread.

If you have a concern to raise with the mods, make it in a report or in a PM, NOT in the BST thread.

Last edited:
Back