• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Kurosaki Raijin 240

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IsoJ

Reaction score
For sale

Yu Kurosaki Raijin 240 gyuto

Steel stainless cobalt steel
Edge lenght 240mm
Heel height 51,15mm
Weight 180gr
Handle ebony with spacer and buffalo horn ferrule
Comes with K&S nice box and wenge saya including saya pin.
I would like to get 275$ plus shipping

I bought this from K&S last year. Used in home kitchen, never sharpened or touchup the blade. I am selling this because I prefer carbon ones. It is great cutter, very thin behind the edge, edge retention is very good. Choilshot doesnt tell the whole thruth, it has concave grind on both blades sides. I am not a huge fan of ebony handles but I think it works really well in this knife. Video that shows better the blade condition(with quick look I didn't find any scratches besides the original grindmarks)

Thank you for the looks

IMG_20200915_081102.jpg
IMG_20200419_160821~4.jpg

IMG_20200915_081040.jpg
IMG_20200915_080957.jpg
IMG_20200915_080713.jpg
IMG_20200915_081625.jpg

Love this pattern, it “flows” more when seen in hand than in close up pics

Out of curiosity, what are you looking to get out of a High carbon knife that you’re not getting out of this?

I am a home cook, I don't pay attention to edge retention that much, I like sharpening, I like patina developing on different carbon steels, I think I can reach more sharper edges with carbon than stainless steels and propably few more reasons as well

Bump. I am willing to do a trade too +- cash depending on the trade. No lasers or 210mm gyutos.

Last edited:
I don't have any spesific in mind. double bevels in about same price or cheaper, single bevels(Yanagiba, Deba, Usuba), maybe cleaver. No lasers, 210 gyutos or stainless this time. Mainly looking for sale but never know if there is something interesting out there.

Last edited:
Lucky you, lucky me. Thanks for a great deal and hope you find the right carbon knife which gives you the most interesting patina.

Back