• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Kurosaki wa-gyuto w/Ian Rogers handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
F/S Kurosaki wa-gyuto w/ Ian Rogers handle

9eyiF2v.jpg

Stainless clad kurouchi Aogami Super blade measures 245 x 52. Superb cutter with excellent release.

Custom handle made by Ian Rogers (Haburn Knives) from spalted tamarind with a stainless steel bolster/ ferrule.

I am the second owner. It has been intermittently used in a home environment and touched up once on a Shinden suita.

Here is the sale page from when I purchased it in May, 2018.

https://www.kitchenknifefora.com/threads/kurosaki-as-240-ku-gyuto-custom-handle.4723/

$510 includes insured shipping to a US address and PayPal fees.

eWg27oZ.jpg

AuTPNaK.jpg

kP9l7DU.jpg

ZEaa2s1.jpg

iYtCdP3.jpg

I like the looks of that profile, but wow that Haburn handle puts this knife way over the top! Beautiful. GLWS

Yes, this was Marc's knife. It's a beautiful handle especially with the stainless bolster. I had a chance to purchase it but it's far too long for me. Whoever gets this is getting a great knife.

GLWS.

Rick was this Marc’s knife prior? I think I remember seeing it. Really good looker

Yes, this was Marc's knife. It's a beautiful handle especially with the stainless bolster. I had a chance to purchase it but it's far too long for me. Whoever gets this is getting a great knife.

GLWS.

Yes, this was Marc's knife. I've had it for almost a year, and though it is a great performer, I find that I reach for my Comet most often. Time to let someone else enjoy it.

Back