• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Kyohei Shindo Custom Handle 165mm Bunka

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woshigeren

Reaction score
Kyohei Shindo 165mm Aogami #2 Bunka with Kaiso Custom Eucalyptus Handle. Brand new in box.

It pains me to sell this...but I bought one with a Jobone custom handle and am opting to keep the Jobone version. The custom eucalyptus handle from Kaiso is stunning though.

These are some of the thinnest behind the edge knives I've ever used. A relatively young and new smith, Shindo-san makes some real value lasers.

$150 CONUS Reduced $140

IMG_20211011_230029_457.jpg
IMG_20211011_230323_921.jpg
IMG_20211011_230329_812.jpg

Last edited:
Nice handle. This Kyohei guy is grinding them crazy thin. ToGo has them in a different steel and got my attention. I bought a few for gift/rehandle projects (which i havent ever done) and they're sweet. I don't think any of regulars will put up with the stock handle on these- plastic and round.

Some additional spec for those who asked:

133grams
46mm heel height
Spine thickness heel, mid, near tip: 4.2mm, 1.8mm, 0.7mm

Some additional spec for those who asked:

133grams
46mm heel height
Spine thickness heel, mid, near tip: 4.2mm, 1.8mm, 0.7mm

I have the same bunka. I must honestly say it’s the best value knife I own- super thin bte without feeling fragile. That crunching sound when it cleanly slices through scallions… that’s what i live for!

Back