LaSeur Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stratguy

Reaction score
I just received this knife from Tony this past week. The quality of this knife is beyond anything that I have experienced in the knife world. The workmanship is absolutely flawless. Every time I pick it up I'm actually in awe of it. The balance is perfect, the taper and grind are amazing. The pinch-grip bolster is a really nice feature. I can't imagine a knife of higher quality. He is also a pleasure to deal with. If you are thinking about a western-style chef knife, talk to Tony - you won't regret it. I'm in the queue for a 2nd. Tony's pics are far better than mine.

yf7lXGg.jpg

k2SEMDJ.jpg

Pq5no0W.jpg

Very nice.what kind of grind does it have?

Never heard of this maker. How does his knives perform? Are they easy to sharpen? Thin or thick behind the edge? Soft or on the chippy side?

They are new to me as well. This one is 52100 so I'm sure it sharpens easily. Very thin behind the edge. It cuts beautifully. Check out this gallery - some really incredible knives. I can't say enough about this knife. It has for sure become part of my permanent collection.

https://www.laseurknives.com/large-knives/

I really like Tony’s style of knives and have only heard amazing things about them from people whose opinions on knives I hold high. Maybe some day...

I commissioned Tony LaSeur to make me a knife for my 40th birthday present to myself. He was super cool to deal with. The fit and finish on the knife was stunning. He is beyond talented and is incredibly meticulous.

If anything, the knife was too pretty and too refined (I guess I just like the more rustic stuff).

I ended up selling it without ever really using it, but I sure was in awe over the craftsmanship.

does that thumb grip area where the blade has a step irritate at all? I'm trying to think of the practical use of having that, or if its purely aesthetic.

Back