Learning something new everyday...

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HRC_64

Reaction score
Thought I would post this up for starting a thread about technique...
I really like learning a new technique of cutting, and always on the lookout for something interesting
anyone use this style of cutting day-to-day?

[video=youtube;LOqwl2KTzd4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOqwl2KTzd4[/video]

A small round indent in a cutting board (or a small wood ring to sit the onion on) would make this super easy as you’d be able to cut down to the board flat

I was wincing at the lack of finger curl and waiting for him to cut himself. Otherwise, I can see where if speed is more important than getting a carefully-sized chop, this could work with a long enough knife.

I just use the classic method, works well enough and I don't need super speed. For a really fine mince you can do this, and I'll do use this method occasionally when I have time (and patience):

[video=youtube;UBj9H6z6Uxw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBj9H6z6Uxw[/video]

Its not so much the idea that it is a "perfect" technique, its more the idea that its different and original.
Of course sometimes "different and original" is a long way of saying worse :lol2:

If it's not better than it's not worth learning.

A. There’s absolutely nothing of value that can be learned from that annoying dork.

Oh I agree he's annoying. Also pompous, misogynistic, and a commercial shill. But I have learned one or two things from watching a few of his videos. Just have to substitute the real thing when he says "and then you add Knorr Stock Pot."
:razz:

I'm not going to lie, I saw this picture and spent a few minutes wondering why his octagonal handle was rotated 90 degrees...

ZLULhwp.jpg

I'm not going to lie, I saw this picture and spent a few minutes wondering why his octagonal handle was rotated 90 degrees...

Good eye. Ha. I've read those IKEDA handles can be masive,
but that does look a bit absurd...

Has anyone used them and liked it?

Back