• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Withdrawn left handed Watanabe 180 Mioroshi Deba -last price drop-

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Selling my beloved left handed 180 Watanabe Mioroshi Deba. Note that the measure is from Machi to tip so it’s actually more of a 165.

This is a super versatile knife as it can handle lots of tasks for breaking down protein of all sorts. I have of course been filleting fish with it as well as taken apart poultry and I also used it to separate other meat from bones. Due to the reduced blade thickness compared to a regular Deba it can also be used for trimming meat, removing fish skin and the like. As much as I like the knife it has been replaced by others over the years and doesn’t see the use it deserves anymore so it’s time to move it along.

This was one of my first knives and although I have read a lot and watched lots of videos it’s still possible or even likely that it’s not sharpened perfectly. The Ura is in good shape as it never touched a stone coarser than 4k. I have put a slight bevel to the last five or so mm on the backside to make it more stable when cutting through fish spine (I know there is a name for this in japanese but I cannot remember it). The main bevel is still not free of low spots from production as I didn’t sharpen the knife a lot.

Another thing that has to be said is that there are some spots scattered along the blade that show some very slight pitting. I store my single bevels in a knife block and my old flat had a moisture problem so this happened to a lot of my older blades, regardless if in the block or on the rack, without me noticing it in time. Although the spots are not really deep (they can hardly be felt with a fingernail) and didn’t change over the past years I know this lowers the value of the knife quite a bit.

I have payed around 375€ back in 2016, I guess it would be more expensive now. To reflect the age, amount of use and the imperfections I was thinking about 300€ (~330$) including shipping in Europe which also covers the first 15$ of international shipping (usually that’s already about 75%). The knife will be shipped in its original box and of course fully insured and tracked.
If you are interested but think my pricing is off, don’t be shy, make me an offer.

Specs:
Steel: iron clad white#2
Handle: octagonal burnt chestnut
Heel to tip length: 167mm
Height at heel: 44mm
Spine above heel: 4,5mm
Spine in the middle: 4mm
Spine 1cm from the tip: 3,5mm

Pictures:
IMG_5421.jpg
IMG_5422.jpg
IMG_5423.jpg