• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Leknifes suji 305

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
C89F261E-9B7D-42BD-B5EB-B096F8F63A29.jpeg
38351CB7-E7EB-4BFE-B7D1-C85F517B79AD.jpeg
56AFA5CD-CAC1-4AE9-ADCF-F1C258A3A2A7.jpeg
40E0AD34-0B5C-4E3D-AB73-DF869A2EA252.jpeg
0588F912-483A-4B6E-B187-76E57CED5B7E.jpeg
E11A385B-3725-4ECD-87A0-934C2A6C531A.jpeg
ADFD2BC6-8FED-4F80-A9F3-169CD93464CC.jpeg
1.2519 steel

305x43 206 gram
Amezing taper and in good conditon
Been used.

Ebony handle and saya

400 euro

Just for the records, knife arrived yesterday. This is how it looks:

39070682me.jpeg

39070683vq.jpeg

39070684tg.jpeg

39070685lr.jpeg

39070688mw.jpeg

So, there are some cracks in the horn ferrule, on both sides. I do own a 240 gyuto from LE with the same handle, there are no cracks in the ferrule of my gyuto. I understand this is a cosmetic issue, but my opinion is such flaws (any flaws, really!) should be shown in a BST thread, full disclosure. A potential buyer can then decide whether or not this is smth that bothers him or not.

Furthermore, there is a low spot in the edge, grind issues. This is a geometry issue that does affect the knife's performance and this is definitely smth that I can't live with. Some may say, cool, nice, a project knife. I am not such a guy. It is totally okay if someone likes project knives, but again, I think any potential buyer should have full information about what he buys. If one knows he's buying a project knife he can decide if he wants to go that way or not.

If I had known these flaws before I would not have bought the knife. Not for the price I paid, not for half, not at all...

Seller responded to my messages but is not willing to take the knife back. He offered to help me with contacting the maker, which I assume I will have to pay...

Anyway, this is my first unpleasant experience on these wonderful forums. For some it maybe isn't a big deal. For me, it just leaves a bad taste... Don't want to be angry or offend anyone. It is just a knife, it can be fixed (money can fix many things), and I will have it fixed and will pay for it. I just wish I had been aware of all these things... No hard feelings. Lesson learned.

That is deffinitely not a "good condition". Especially having in mind the low spot.
And I agree with the buyer that such expereince leaves a really bad taste. I would be pissed off, if I was in his/her shoes.
Lesson learned.

I do not feel I need to explain I have offered the buyer that we should contact Luis.

I can help contact luis because the error was already there when it was new.

I do not inspect the knife as carefully as the buyer.

have used it a bit and and only used 1000 grit and up 2 times ..

had I known that the edge had a lowspot I would have fixed it because it is about 15 minutes of work to fix to it then maybe 45 to thin out a bit and put a new edge .. so 1 hour ..

and cracks in the horn are only visual and nothing I can help them unfortunately.

horns often have cracks perfect horns are
very unusual nowadays ..

Well, I don’t need help with contacting people. They can be found on the internet, so your „offer to help“ is really good for nothing.

It is all about integrity. I have pointed out that the cracks in the horn are cosmetic and of course the overgrind can be fixed. Everything can be fixed. But a potential buyer should be aware of such flaws and those should not come as a bad surprise. As I said, it is all about integrity. I see myself as a person with integrity and therefore would not feel comfortable selling a knife in such a condition hiding those issues. You do. Nothing more to say.

Sorry but that's just some bs from the seller.
When I sell a knife I thoroughly check it for flaws and not only take pictures which hide said flaws. The overgrind issue is easy to see. If you really received the knife like this why didn't you contact Luis? I doubt he sent the knife out like this.
Also why wouldn't you check a knife before you send it out? If it got damaged in transit you had insurance everything was okay before you shipped it and make claims.

Well, I don’t need help with contacting people. They can be found on the internet, so your „offer to help“ is really good for nothing.

It is all about integrity. I have pointed out that the cracks in the horn are cosmetic and of course the overgrind can be fixed. Everything can be fixed. But a potential buyer should be aware of such flaws and those should not come as a bad surprise. As I said, it is all about integrity. I see myself as a person with integrity and therefore would not feel comfortable selling a knife in such a condition hiding those issues. You do. Nothing more to say.

Last edited:
Where did I call anyone a liar?

This is not worth any anger from my side because that won’t change your mind and you don’t get what I am (and some get the same impression apparently) saying about integrity and missing information about the knife’s condition. I got ripped off, I didn’t do anything wrong, life goes on. Peace, bro, be happy with my money!

Enough said, I guess everyone who reads this gets the picture.

Last edited:
Sorry but that's just some bs from the seller.
When I sell a knife I thoroughly check it for flaws and not only take pictures which hide said flaws. The overgrind issue is easy to see. If you really received the knife like this why didn't you contact Luis? I doubt he sent the knife out like this.
Also why wouldn't you check a knife before you send it out? If it got damaged in transit you had insurance everything was okay before you shipped it and make claims.
I dont go thru al knifes Only the ones i use and like.
If i like a knife they get more use then something like this.. would never be there.. and a edge touch up for 2 times from 1k dont change geomatry of a knife.

So You call me a lier then If i knew it had a over grind i would fix it Becouse its easy ..

I didnt send it back Becouse it didnt know about it

The cracks is just something vissule so that dossent bother my saw them But didnt think of them..

I can take Thats my bad But not something you Tell the maker to make a new handle for imo..

For you it Maybe is a hard thing to fix that..

When i got this knife it was in a pakage whit 8 others But i dont realy know what your after as answer ?

I didnt go thru it like i alresdy sad here..

And If i had shapren it from start and thined it it wouldnt be like that i consider myself as a good sharpener better then Most actully..

Where did I call anyone a liar?

This is not worth any anger from my side because that won’t change your mind and you don’t get what I am (and some get the same impression apparently) saying about integrity and missing information about the knife’s condition. I got ripped off, I didn’t do anything wrong, life goes on. Peace, bro, be happy with my money!

Enough said, I guess everyone who reads this gets the picture.
Thats was not for you its was to him that called it bs sorry 👍

Edit it

Was not you that called me that

Last edited:
IMO the ferrule is a non-factor considering one of my honyaki shipped to me from the smith with a cracked ferrule. I didn't cry about. Still use it today and its fine.

Profile will take about 15mins to fix and it'll cut even better than before.

Yeah. Ferrules have been widely given disclaimers in the last few years as to their quality. I’ve had a few smiths- Evan, Yanick, etc., advise me away as the quality isn’t great nowadays, as well a lot of the Japanese sites say the same. Both the aforementioned smiths I have knives from have that issue in varying shades of severity- but we’ve all been warmed and we all know the risk with horn. Not playing devil’s advocate or anything, but I’m not sure it’s worth a public tear down of a guy. As I stated earlier, at least you didn’t buy a TF.

Last edited:
[personal optinion]

It is always a good idea to check a knife in detail before selling it, just to avoid this kind of situations. What one considers "ok" or "not a problem" is subjective, actual state of given knife is not. With the same breath - I had a knife that I used a little, put asaide and finally decided to sell and only when I was inspecting it I found a very similar low spot (overgrind). I have no idea how I missed it before. But I talked to the buyer, we agreed that I will fix it and he accepted that the finish will be somewhat altered (I did my best, but I could not really replicate the sandblasted finish that so many JP knives come with these days) .

[mod post]

This thread went well past what we normally consider OK, but it would be too late to do something about it now, so I am going to let the comments stand, but the discussion ends here. If there is a need to publicly discuss this matter further, please open a separate thread in a different part of the forum.

Thanks to everyone for understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back