Let's have a look at @mastrandre76 (IG)

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Knife' started by thebradleycrew, Nov 13, 2019.

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums by donating:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nov 13, 2019 #1

thebradleycrew

thebradleycrew

thebradleycrew

Supporting Member

EDIT (Matus): This thread became of more general nature, so I renamed it a bit. Please read it.

Hey folks of KKF, I'm trying to track down @mastrandre76 on IG, a chef living in Europe (Slovenia - EDIT - Slovakia). He's been MIA in responses to me for a couple weeks now and I'm trying to get information on a deal we worked out and for which funds transferred hands. Does anyone have an e-mail address for him or can they put me in touch with him via text message or another medium? I suspect no ill intent on his part but I'm just trying to get confirmation and/or information.

Thanks,

Jamie

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2019
  2. Nov 13, 2019 #2

valgard

valgard

valgard

Stones Addict (terminal case)

Oh no, not again...

FoRdLaz likes this.
  3. Nov 13, 2019 #3

thebradleycrew

thebradleycrew

thebradleycrew

Supporting Member

This doesn't sound good to me.

4. Nov 13, 2019 #4

slickmamba

slickmamba

slickmamba

especially since hes been mia on IG for 19 weeks. Someone must know him in real life. If not, hopefully you're still in the paypal protection window

5. Nov 13, 2019 #5

thebradleycrew

thebradleycrew

thebradleycrew

Supporting Member

Yeah, not feeling great about it but want to assume the best. o_O

6. Nov 13, 2019 #6

crocca86

crocca86

crocca86

He’s pretty doggy!! Hopefully you’ll get your money back!!

7. Nov 13, 2019 #7

aboynamedsuita

aboynamedsuita

aboynamedsuita

Supporting Member

Keep an eye on the PP protection timeframe and don’t buy the excuses about the post office, etc

FoRdLaz likes this.
  8. Nov 13, 2019 #8

labor of love

labor of love

labor of love

I think you’re good. I mean, eventually it will get worked out. He has 27k followers on IG. He’s not going to turn his back to that sort of social media presence just to duck you.

9. Nov 13, 2019 #9

Panamapeet

Panamapeet

Panamapeet

Lol. Try to claw back your money and run. This guy is a first class scammer

Xenif, FoRdLaz and Eloh like this.
  10. Nov 13, 2019 #10

Barclid

Barclid

Barclid

Yup. Put in a claim ASAP.

11. Nov 13, 2019 #11
    The irrelevant correction - he lives in Slovakia and has been pretty inactive since early June. Whatever was the deal you guys had - if he has gone silent for too long, just pull the Payment. If he gets back to you later, you can always restart the deal.

@Panamapeet - is there something about MastrAndre that we should know? I must admit that at this very moment I do not know why was he banned here.

FoRdLaz likes this.
  12. Nov 13, 2019 #12

Barmoley

Barmoley

Barmoley

Supporting Member

I’ve had multiple good dealings with him in the past. Last I heard from him was mid August. Let’s not jump to conclusions.

labor of love likes this.
  13. Nov 13, 2019 #13

Kozuka

Kozuka

Kozuka

Pull your funds back Brad, trust me.

Yes. He had a very infamous collective order over at the german forums, were he ordered a lot of Bogdan Guided Systems for a lot of people. It was a total mess. Very late replies, people not getting their money back, not receiving their goods after over a year, excuses about DHL/Post office ****ups, you name it. It was so bad that at one point he got banned and the rest of the deal was moved to private channels so I don't know what's the current status and if everything was resolved in the end but I highly doubt it.

Stay far away from deals with this guy.

14. Nov 13, 2019 #14

Panamapeet

Panamapeet

Panamapeet

In addition to this, a lot of people bought knives from him or traded stuff, and only got their stuff or a refund after months and calling him out in public (including myself).

FoRdLaz likes this.
  15. Nov 13, 2019 #15

valgard

valgard

valgard

Stones Addict (terminal case)

Yes, lots of deals where he took money or trade knives and never shipped stuff back or even shipped empty boxes I think. Most cases at least got worked out but only after months of not letting up (it took a year for me to get my money and I used to talk to him every day for a long time before this). All sorts of excuses, the most typical about customs (going out of the country lol), and postal services.
    In my case, one of the knives he sold me I'm pretty sure he never had it at all... He sold it for a "great price" but it was just trouble.

FoRdLaz and Panamapeet like this.
  16. Nov 13, 2019 #16

Badgertooth

Badgertooth

Badgertooth

Get your money back and tell him to get lost. Several friends have been stung and what makes it egregious is the pretence of friendship while he does it. I think his most catastrophic f-up was trying to run a scam where he sent an empty parcel to a bogus address in the correct town so the tracking looked legit. Little did he know the intended victim was friends with the Postmaster who tracked it down and showed him the empty envelope. I think it’s a complicated insurance fraud or something. I managed to extricate myself from a deal before any money changed hands and the lid blew off the deceit and the extent of it. Gotta almost admire the chutzpah and balls to attempt it again in a community as connected as this but I do feel your anguish at the prospect of being scammed.
    This isn’t conjecture or third-hand or rehashed, this is as told directly to me by people who got duped within my knife friends.

17. Nov 13, 2019 #17
    Guys, if you have any mode direct proof of a fraud, then just PM me. I come from Slovakia and could contact the local police if relevant information would be available.

18. Nov 13, 2019 #18

Badgertooth

Badgertooth

Badgertooth

Boom!

crockerculinary likes this.
  19. Nov 13, 2019 #19

Badgertooth

Badgertooth

Badgertooth

About 26.9k of those are bought or bots. Look at the engagement on his posts. If you’re rolling 27k deep you’re getting 50 comments per post. He gets about 4 and two of the four are him replying.

20. Nov 13, 2019 #20

F-Flash

F-Flash

F-Flash

I enjoy when scammers get what they deserve. Especially if they do it all the time and continue with it.

If someone knows where he works, it's always good to let the workplace know who theyr dealing with.

crockerculinary and Ivang like this.
  21. Nov 13, 2019 #21
    Well spotted @Badgertooth , quick browse through his followers shows that there are couple of 100 actual people, the rest ist bot accounts with mostly 0 (or few irrelevant) posts, but following thousands other accounts.

22. Nov 13, 2019 #22

Kozuka

Kozuka

Kozuka

This. Having a lot of followers on IG doesn't mean ****. Also 27k is not a lot, really.

FoRdLaz likes this.
  23. Nov 13, 2019 #23

slickmamba

slickmamba

slickmamba

I would reverse the paypal payment if possible, its on him if hes legit and AFK, but sounds like thats not the case

24. Nov 13, 2019 #24

tgfencer

tgfencer

tgfencer

Supporting Member

This. I too had a long-running casual, friendly chat going with this guy and bought a knife from him. While I actually received it in the end, unlike some (albeit two months later), it was easily the worst knife-buying experience I've ever had and I won't ever do it again, no matter how enticing the offer. Plenty of excuses, plenty of promises, plenty of complaining that he's being unfairly run over the coals by those accusing him.

As members of a good community with very few bad eggs, the impulse is to want to trust him and believe that he'll keep his word, just like we'd expect from the vast majority of knife/stone nerds. But in this case you should protect yourself. I don't know what you're trying to buy, but I'm sure folks on here can help you find something similar from a reputable source.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    Xenif and Spipet like this.
  25. Nov 13, 2019 #25

ashy2classy

ashy2classy

ashy2classy

He's done it to a lot of people already, including me. I had to open a PP case to get my money back and it took weeks to get done. As someone else said, just deal with PP and get a case opened so time doesn't run out on that option.

26. Nov 13, 2019 #26

labor of love

labor of love

labor of love

I made that comment before knowing andre screwed over dozens of people. I was as unaware as the OP. Also, the OP likely wouldn’t have entered a sell with andre if this information was public already. Whenever we discover that we have a con artist operating amongst us it’s best to be open about it so other people don’t get ripped off.

27. Nov 13, 2019 #27
    I am learning that Andre was pretty active on other fora too. And I am yet to see an indication that he stopped doing so. I am getting more and more motivated to notify authorities. But so far do not have any material to work with.

28. Nov 14, 2019 #28

thebradleycrew

thebradleycrew

thebradleycrew

Supporting Member

I just wanted to thank EVERYONE for the outpouring of support and information. From not wanting to call him a bad apple without evidence, to the stories of people who have had issues with him, to the bots and followers; this is a good group of folks. Thank you. I've learned a lot from this all and a special thanks to the dozen or so folks who PM'ed me with specifics. I've since been able to reach him on e-mail and while I don't have a "yes, it is solved" to report back yet, I can say that I have his attention. I'm grateful for this community of folks, many of whom I've dealt with on great transactions, and for the many, many good apples out there. As I get more information, I'll follow-up further and again, thanks folks.

KingShapton, Ivang and labor of love like this.
  29. Nov 14, 2019 #29

bahamaroot

bahamaroot

bahamaroot

And this is why I never use PayPal F&F unless I know the person I'm dealing with on a pretty personal level. Some of the most personable and seemingly legit people are the best scammers.
    I just did a deal with a member here, and though he is fairly active, I wasn't familiar with him personally so chose not to do an F&F deal and paid a little extra for my protection. Everything went well and we had a nice exchange and next time I'll be more comfortable dealing with that person.

30. Nov 14, 2019 #30

labor of love

labor of love

labor of love

The first thing I thought when it appeared that andre was lowdown was that he prob insists everyone send him money using friends & family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.