Let's have a look at @mastrandre76 (IG)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Having moderated or been a user of forums with buy/sell/trade sections before, I suggest that those who have dealt with this person and not been treated square should add all the contact info they may have for the scammer to this thread?

All email addresses known to be used by the dubious person

Any PHYSICAL addresses the person asked things be sent to, or shipped them from, if you ever got what you were supposed to.

All the screen names they have used, and the names of the forums they used these names to scam on.

If you are an admin and have the info, sign up email addresses and

These types tend to follow the same pattern in many different online forums where they scam, may use the same IP address repeatedly to sign up for different forums, often use slight variations of screen names, or even re-use the same one.

You can't stop them from scamming. You CAN make the online identity they've been using inconvenient and burn them of the time they've spent building the appearance of a reliable background and "grooming" an identity/track record on forums where they intend to run a scam.

There are a couple of scammers I do occasional checks for on types of forums they're likely to resurface at. When they show up, an email to the mods or admins with their track record of theft and scamming along with contact info/signup IP/screen names previously used often is enough to nip their next scam in the bud. Not really worth my time, but still, I find thwarting them enjoyable...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back