Let's see your EDCs

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone here make Kydex sheaths or can anyone recommend me a maker? I have a Benchmade Snody 210 Activator with a sharkskin sheath but I want to carry it around my neck. Benchmade makes one but apparently it's not very good and people recommend custom. Any help?

It's the same size as below. Surprisingly comfortable in hand despite the very small size.

P8070343.jpg

I know a guy who may be able to help ya out on that. ;)

Does anyone else find it virtually impossible to find the perfect EDC? I've tried about 5 in the past few months, and I keep going back to my Gerber Paraframe for daily stuff and my SAK Treker for work. I kinda feel like steel, etc is a bit less important with an EDC, because of the abuse they take. Or, mine do anyways. The SAK is an incredible tool and I've cut bumpers and dashes off of cars with it, popped open melted cupboards, and picked locks with it (and a haligan). I don 't know if I'd be as likely to do all of this with a $350 knife, with S35VN, or another similar steel.

Kitchen knives are easy (as an owner). I can honestly say I have at least 5 blades I could use every day for the rest of my life, if I had to.

Pulled this pic off the web, but it's the one I have. The original Tomcat, I got when I was still on Active Duty east coast.
sog-tomcat-1-original-full-view-mainnozh2002-bf.jpg

a new edc i got recently

svord peasant knife, took 3 months to get here coz of sellers not putting the names on right on their packages.

carbon steel, 60 rc (afaik), friction folder, dirt cheap.

20130324_131716_zps84ac60fd.jpg

20130324_131735_zps7c265976.jpg

20130324_131740_zps81409952.jpg

20130324_131746_zps05264965.jpg

20130324_131754_zpsd73ff245.jpg

lemme correct myself, the svord is 55-58rc, probably L6 steel according to some forums. so far i like it.

=D

Picked up my first edc recently.
Went with the griptilian, para 2's caught my interest but are damn hard to find.
I think I might pick up a sage 3 for my gal.
Here's the one I nabbed

20130422_111718.jpg

Does anyone else find it virtually impossible to find the perfect EDC? I've tried about 5 in the past few months, and I keep going back to my Gerber Paraframe for daily stuff and my SAK Treker for work. I kinda feel like steel, etc is a bit less important with an EDC, because of the abuse they take. Or, mine do anyways. The SAK is an incredible tool and I've cut bumpers and dashes off of cars with it, popped open melted cupboards, and picked locks with it (and a haligan). I don 't know if I'd be as likely to do all of this with a $350 knife, with S35VN, or another similar steel.

I agree. Nothing is really perfect, since there are a lot of things that you often ask a pocket knife to do. For me, my choice of what to put in my pocket has partly to do with what I'm doing that day, and partly with what I'm wearing. I'm in Texas, where it can be hot 8+ months out of the year. I *hate* having a knife bouncing around in my pocket in shorts of lightweight pants. So -- everything has to have a decent clip of some sort. If I want something with a decent blade, I usually carry a Spyderco Dragonfly or Caly 3. Often, though, utility trumps blade quality, and I carry an alox SAK Cadet with one of these little clips. It makes it hang flat in my front or back pocket, without making a lump or flopping around:

http://www.lighthound.com/TEC-Acces...Clip--Stainless-Steel-Pocket-Clip_p_3470.html

Yeah, Randy does great work. :doublethumbsup:

Spyderco Para-Military2 Black S30v - these have been sold out everywhere, or cost >$200. Stumbled upon a used one off kijiji for $80 CAD from the original owner =D It was somewhat dull from use, so I tried out my nascent sharpening skills. I tried thinning behind the edge to bring the angle down because the steel can handle it, but it's clear I still need more practice (on cheaper knives).

Spyderco Dragonfly2 ZDP-189 - picked this up for my wife because it has a non-threatening size, easily pocketable/pursed, and zips through anything the blade touches. No more opening packages with random steak knives!

anyone got any suggestions on a budget edc for a chef to carry for opening/breaking down boxes, bags of flour, and other random things? budget is around $50

anyone got any suggestions on a budget edc for a chef to carry for opening/breaking down boxes, bags of flour, and other random things? budget is around $50

I like SOG knives, fairly inexpensive and built well.

Cheers!

thanks china i will look at that, and you ever going to give up that salsa recipe? and because of you i have some trinidad scorpions growing now.

Just posted this one in the necker thread.

CRKT F4-02 Carson

lz0aIHO.jpg

Case XX 1965 model 5332. * Seen better days, but was my grandfathers, and was a handle down when I was 12. * Have carried it litterly every day since, even to school, lol. The middle blade gets the sharpest of any knife I own, or have owned, as well as my easiest to sharpen. Not sure why, just something about it. It's a shame the tip broke when I was a youngster playing with it, even before my grandfather gave it to me.

K0NAmTs.jpg

Robert Terzuola fixed blade, I don't know what model it is?? Bob give to me as gift in the knife show 18 years ago.

165490_10151654729615572_2021580867_n.jpg

Here are two of my EDC items. HK USP45 and a Custom Todd Begg :D

Nice! I have an HK USP 40 and I was just looking at a light for it this morning. You've just made me want one even more!

Try to find the older gen style like mine if you can. I really dig the rear toggle switch over the push button style.

Set.jpg

Here is my other knife I carry. It is by Andre VanHeerden from South Africa.

Here are a couple of my recent ones.
The Fontenille Pataud is in carbon steel with horn scales, the Chris Reeve Sebenza 21 (in a lefty version) is in S35VN with the Micarta inlays.

The Fontenille Laguiole is hands down my very favorite knife!
The Sebenza is built like a tank, perfect for work.

bilde 2013-07-05 kl. 01.30.19.jpg

bilde 2013-07-05 kl. 01.35.12.jpg

I've used screenshots from the producers sites, they actually know how to photograph stuff..:)

Back