• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

SOLD Lightly Used Tanaka-Forged Kagekiyo Blue #1 240mm Wa-Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkLobster

Banned
Reaction score
Another one bites the dust.

This was barely touched and has seen a few onions tops.

It has not been stropped or sharpened.

The fit and finish on this knife is bar none the best that I've seen in my opinion with a three sided bevel on the spine, mirror polished and rounded choil, and a crazy walnut handle with hand-painted black lacquer.

The vendor from whom my mate purchased this knife from did not include the lacquered saya but I will be happy to throw in an Edro say free of charge.

Asking $540 $520 shipped CONUS. SOLD FOR ASKING

Edit: I don't have any measuring equipment aside from a scale that I use for the gym as I recently moved. I've attached a picture of specifications from Chefs Armoury which is where this was purchased from. This knife weighs in at 177 grams. Heel height is around 50mm, on par with the two previous Takada no Hamonos that my friend owned.

Attachments

• tempImageCVxpbF.png
    tempImageCVxpbF.png
    832 KB · Views: 333
  • tempImageDCJObP.png
    tempImageDCJObP.png
    638.8 KB · Views: 479
  • tempImagemNRAKy.png
    tempImagemNRAKy.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 566
  • tempImageZxoLpD.png
    tempImageZxoLpD.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 577
  • Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 1.48.45 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-10-06 at 1.48.45 PM.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 442
Last edited:
What are the specs?

Unfortunately I don't have any measuring equipment as I recently moved. I've updated the original post with measurements from JKI. This particular knife actually weighs a tad (?) more than what is listed at 177 grams.

Specs pic looks like a JKI page, so this may be a Gesshin Kagekiyo.

I ended up swapping it to the measurement page from Chefs Armoury from where this was purchased as I forgot that the JKI (or rather Gesshin) version might vary a tad (per Jon here), thanks for reminding me.

I ended up swapping it to the measurement page from Chefs Armoury from where this was purchased as I forgot that the JKI (or rather Gesshin) version might vary a tad (per Jon here), thanks for reminding me.

Wasn't meant as a call out but simply to ID if you weren't sure of source. My B!

Back