• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS LNIB - John Phillips (Phillips Forged) 125 mm Damacore paring

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

Reaction score
I’m listing this gorgeous LNIB (never cut or sharpened) John Phillips (Phillips Forged) 125 mm paring knife which I purchased directly from John at the Damasteel Chef's Invitational Expo in April 2021.

The stunning mirror-finished blade implements the “Grosserosen” pattern of cryogenically treated/triple tempered Damacore DC18N HRC 63 Steel.

The blade has a full distal taper with convex edge geometry and a rounded spine with a false harpoon tip which make for a comfortable rest while doing detailed work.

The dimensions are 5”/125mm cutting edge with a 10.25”/260mm OAL and height of 1.1”/26mm tall at the heel.

The weight is 4.25oz/120g.

The handle is made from stabilized Hiwaiian Koa wood with bowling ball and brass spacer, in a hidden tang construction.

The balance point is at the halfway point of the bolster, placing the weight of the blade firmly in the hand.

I paid $700 - I’m asking $595/OBRO (Paypal) including USPS Priority mail shipping (CONUS only). No trades.

Please reply via email at [email protected] or PM.

First “I’ll take it” gets it.

Phillips_Forged-b.jpg
Phillips_Forged-c.jpg
Phillips_Forged-d.jpg
Phillips_Forged-f.jpg
Phillips_Forged-h.jpg