Quantcast

Long-time Lurker Introduction

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

GlassEye

Reaction score
Hi fellow knife-knuts, I have been lurking here for a while and thought I should go ahead and introduce myself. I was attending uni for photo-journalism, but left a few years ago to pursue my passion for Japanese food. I have not been in a professional kitchen yet because the money is better doing what I currently do, and any local restaurants I have talked to won't consider hiring me because they can pay the illegal immigrants less than minimum wage (they have all actually told me this is why). I am hoping that I can find a Japanese restaurant to start training in before the end of this year.

My current kit:
Doi Keijiro Kiritsuke 270mm
Tanaka Blue2 Damascus Nakiri 165mm
Tanaka Blue2 Damascus Petty 160mm
Many more soon.
I have been sharpening on Chosera 1k, 3k, 5k, Dmt coarse, Takashima Awasedo.

SpikeC

Reaction score
Welcome to the topside! Where you from?

kalaeb

Banned
Reaction score
Nice, SPJ member? I have thought about getting that kiritsuke for the longest time, just have not pulled the trigger yet... how do you like it?

GlassEye

Reaction score
Nice, SPJ member? I have thought about getting that kiritsuke for the longest time, just have not pulled the trigger yet... how do you like it?
Was a member at one point. The kiritsuke is great, fit and finish is superb, just enough curve to the blade, low reactivity. Only problem is that I like different edges for slicing and usuba use.