Looking for a boring knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mjs

Reaction score
Mostly work with chicken but occasionally ribs and T bones. Thinking of a Honesuki from JCK although I used to use a knife that looks like the Misono UX 10 American. Considering the Fur Rin Ka Zan, Hattori, JCK VG 10, Masamoto ST, Misono UX 10 and Mr Itou. Right handed and prefer Stainless, agnostic on handle type although size may be of concern sometimes. Wear size 7 1/2 gloves so average size hands. Home use. Any thoughts?

For the work you describe I really, really, like the Mune Butcher from JNS. Not stainless but I've never had any rust problem. It's not scared of anything and is my go to for outside grill work, breaking chickens, separating ribs, etc.

I second that Mune Butcher, its a crazy beast of a knife. I use it mainly for chickens, break down 3-4 a week, I no longer have a desire for a honesuki or garasuki (have to admit they are cool)

Shouldn't be to hard to find a boring knife.

If you want to try something a bit different than a honesuki, than have a look at the 165 Mazaki petty from JNS - as that knife is actually a boning knife. It is of course not as stiff as a honesuki, but much stiffer that in looks. I was lucky and won one and I like it a lot.

Back