Looking for a knife I used to have

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DannyFixesGuns

Reaction score
I have been trying to find a replacement for a knife I used to have. No one at any knife store of any kind has been able to point me in the right direction. So, here I am, on a knife forum, hoping someone has an idea what I'm talking about.

I am looking for what looks like a pizza cutter, except it has five blades, spaced about 1/4 inch apart. It has a handle that allows you to hold it in your palm, and I used it mostly for cutting up fresh herbs like cilantro and garlic. There was a pin in the side that you could remove to disassemble it for cleaning.

Has anyone seen one of these, know what it's called, and/or where I can get another?

Thank you.

Sur la Table has them. Think they call them herb mincers.

'Round these here parts folks are known to chop dem herbs with regular knives :hungry:

Holy cow! Yes, something just like that. I think the one I had had more blades, but the same idea, and I like that it has a cover for storage. I would have never thought to call it a "mincer". I have Googled everything I could come up with. I knew I came to the right place, Thank you!

Now run for it Danny before we convince you to abandon this contraption and replace all of your kitchen knives! ;)

What would you do with that thing other than mince herbs?

Make linguini? I wonder how long it takes for it to go from mincing to crushing.

The only reason I knew what he was talking about right away is that I helped my mother box up her kitchen prior to a remodel recently and saw one of those (a really old one). I demanded that it go into the Goodwill box, along with some other unmentionables (a "Ginsu" knife for example).

You did come to the right place!

What else are you cutting with, Danny?

I actually think it may have come as a bonus for one of those Ginsu knife kits. My ex-father-in-law used to buy a lot of stuff from info-mercials. I liked it for cutting up cilantro for salsa and other small stuff that's just too tedious otherwise. It worked great, and stayed pretty sharp. I like to make salsa, and I make it pretty often, it seems like the go-to dish for office parties. So this thing was handy.I think mincing herbs would be the only thing I can come up for it.

I actually think it may have come as a bonus for one of those Ginsu knife kits. My ex-father-in-law used to buy a lot of stuff from info-mercials.

you still have some ginsus? Those are almost collectable these days, so mang people remember those over-the-top ads.

i bet i can cut herbs faster with any of my gyutos than i could with one of those things.

I dunno, if I wanted a sloppy chop up, like for salsa, I think it could be pretty dang fast, assuming the blades are sharp. I mean, there are times when you dont need a tight chiffonade of cilantro.

That said, I'd never want to own something that specific to a single task, even at my day job, where I do hack up herbs en masse regularly.

I'm just saying, this guy's got a special tool for cutting up salsa herbs, and that means that his other sharps could probably use some...ahem...improvement!

you still have some ginsus? Those are almost collectable these days, so mang people remember those over-the-top ads.

Maybe I shouldn't have been quite so cavalier about throwing my mother's into the Goodwill box (along with her rolling herb mincer).

Back