Looking for a knife roll/bag

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perverockstar

Reaction score
Hello, people. The knife roll that I have been using within the last years finally stopped being sufficient.

I need something larger that can hold 6 knives (no small handles), a paddle strop, a microplane and which also has compartment(s) for some smaller stuff like peelers, tweezers, little sheers, a little bottle of Ballistol oil, a pairing knife and a rust eraser.

No leather. I'd prefer something made with heavy duty canvas that is easy to clean.

Should also be available in the EU.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Hello, people. The knife roll that I have been using within the last years finally stopped being sufficient.

I need something larger that can hold 6 knives (no small handles), a paddle strop, a microplane and which also has compartment(s) for some smaller stuff like peelers, tweezers, little sheers, a little bottle of Ballistol oil, a pairing knife and a rust eraser.

No leather. I'd prefer something made with heavy duty canvas that is easy to clean.

Should also be available in the EU.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.
What’s your budget?

I’m happy with Hardmill; holds enough; waxed canvas—they ship internationally for $25.
I keep the rest of my stuff in a separate, cheap, travel pouch.
E9EA202D-9E4A-47A8-A9AD-BD8B137D5F8D.jpeg

5C916FF6-0975-4C49-8ACD-142E30248E2A.jpeg

47A79B32-99CC-458F-889F-FAAFEBEBB2D2.jpeg

I’m always a fan of cases that open like a book. They take up less space when accessing in a work kitchen. The ultimate edge is pretty nice and stable. Also look into drum stick cases. These actually work very well for knife bags. Here’s a couple pics of one on amazon. These are usually pretty affordable and easy to find. Plus they often have straps to be carried like a backpack:

818D5625-EA56-4B6B-853C-37B2B0953923.jpeg
87679A07-EA6A-4812-9350-017B29CE3942.jpeg

Japanese knife imports carries a sweet zipper bag as well. Liked this one enough to buy a second one:

758E3B6B-F309-46B6-85E3-0BA18C0D9D7E.jpeg
0050C032-4D4B-4F44-BA68-2B9189C765F0.jpeg

I’m always a fan of cases that open like a book. They take up less space when accessing in a work kitchen. The ultimate edge is pretty nice and stable. Also look into drum stick cases. These actually work very well for knife bags. Here’s a couple pics of one on amazon. These are usually pretty affordable and easy to find. Plus they often have straps to be carried like a backpack:

View attachment 170235View attachment 170236

Japanese knife imports carries a sweet zipper bag as well. Liked this one enough to buy a second one:

View attachment 170233View attachment 170234

I'm really liking the ProMark one. I'm wondering how many knives it could carry. No sayas, just felt knifeguards :) . I really love the form and the extra compartment, plus it looks really nice. Price is also quite good!

I'm really liking the ProMark one. I'm wondering how many knives it could carry. No sayas, just felt knifeguards :) . I really love the form and the extra compartment, plus it looks really nice. Price is also quite good!

you can probably hold up to 8 knives in that one. I have something similar. I’ll try taking a pic for you, if you like?

you can probably hold up to 8 knives in that one. I have something similar. I’ll try taking a pic for you, if you like?
I'd really appreciate. It gives me the impression that it is exactly what I'm looking for.

I'm curious what those of you who bring bulkier non knife tools to work like to use. A lot of knife rolls I look at seem not to have great options for things without a relatively slim handle. I'm specifically thinking about a mandolin but things like bench scrapers, larger spoons, strops would I assume face similar issues. I currently use a big honkin toolbox which is great except in smaller kitchens where space is at a premium.

I'm curious what those of you who bring bulkier non knife tools to work like to use. A lot of knife rolls I look at seem not to have great options for things without a relatively slim handle. I'm specifically thinking about a mandolin but things like bench scrapers, larger spoons, strops would I assume face similar issues. I currently use a big honkin toolbox which is great except in smaller kitchens where space is at a premium.

A Chef Sac maybe. Or our head chef has a very big Wüsthof case that can hold that kind of things.

Went to take a look, saw them on sale, and pulled the trigger. Those large mesh pockets are exactly what I'm looking for
Too bad that they are not available in the EU, AFAIK. The only ones I saw where at Amazon Germany, but no shipping to Sweden.

I'm gonna try with the drumsticks case from Pro Mark. Even my strop is not very large.

Well, I will all let you know once everything arrives. The case is in backorder, let's see how it takes.

Thank you all :) I genuinely appreciate your help.

For anybody interested in the drum stick/knife bags I have posted above, here are the Amazon product links. They were both sold out at the time I posted before, but after seeing @Hassanbensober post I was curious and they look to be back in stock.

The one pictured above holding knives:

WerKens Leather Drumstick Bag Floor Tom Hooks Holds 10-12 Pairs Drum Sticks Mallets Brushes Percussion Drum Stick Bag Detachable Shoulder Strap Easy Carry Handles (Brown) – DSB003 Amazon.com

And another one I also bought and had posted somewhere on here before:

WerKens Leather Drumstick Bag Floor Tom Hooks Holds 8-10 Pairs Drum Sticks Mallets Brushes Percussion Drum Stick Bag Easy Carry Handles (Brown) – DSB002 Amazon.com

Back