Quantcast

Looking for a Nakiri for prep

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

jacko9

Reaction score
Get the Wat Pro, it’s an amazing nakiri.
I agree I just got my second since I gave one to my granddaughter who is a vegetarian and she loves the Way Pro Nakiri. I ordered the knife a few weeks ago and when he told me that he was sending it I got it in 3 days from Japan to California! The news paper he wrapped it in was dated 12/25.

NO ChoP!

Old Head
Reaction score
Every year or two I get the bug to buy a nakiri. Started with a Wat, then a Shig. I find myself using it on rare occasion, maybe out of guilt?, and being quickly let down when I go to poke open a cryovac bag and realize there's no pointy tip. Dope!!!!

Paraffin

Reaction score
Every year or two I get the bug to buy a nakiri. Started with a Wat, then a Shig. I find myself using it on rare occasion, maybe out of guilt?, and being quickly let down when I go to poke open a cryovac bag and realize there's no pointy tip. Dope!!!!
You're looking in the wrong place. The pointy tip is at the bottom of the heel on a nakiri, if you need to do something like core an apple or open a package. ;)

NO ChoP!

Old Head
Reaction score
Muscle memory. Just need to use and get used to one. I am clearly impatient. That being said, I have a nice Gihei blue #1 currently, that I rather like. I make a point to pull it out if I know I have onion/ pepper/ garlic/ shallot type prep.
IMG_20190101_215535_591.jpg

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Damn, you need to find a handle guy..... Is that fondue?

:cool::cool::cool:

NO ChoP!

Old Head
Reaction score
Remember those pics a few years back of a million eyeballs, or a bunch of oozing craters? Yah, I was one of those weirdos that couldn't stand to look at them.

Sometimes this handle does it to me.

Xenif

Reaction score
Problem solved !
DSC_5060.jpeg

Unless you have a Tsukasa Hinoura nakiri then God help you

Matus

Staff member
Global Moderators
Hobbyist Craftsman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Moritaka 180 AS would work great for serious prep. The steel & HT is great and it comes with a very nice handle.