Looking for a Nakiri for prep

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Get the Wat Pro, it’s an amazing nakiri.

Get the Wat Pro, it’s an amazing nakiri.

I agree I just got my second since I gave one to my granddaughter who is a vegetarian and she loves the Way Pro Nakiri. I ordered the knife a few weeks ago and when he told me that he was sending it I got it in 3 days from Japan to California! The news paper he wrapped it in was dated 12/25.

Every year or two I get the bug to buy a nakiri. Started with a Wat, then a Shig. I find myself using it on rare occasion, maybe out of guilt?, and being quickly let down when I go to poke open a cryovac bag and realize there's no pointy tip. Dope!!!!

Every year or two I get the bug to buy a nakiri. Started with a Wat, then a Shig. I find myself using it on rare occasion, maybe out of guilt?, and being quickly let down when I go to poke open a cryovac bag and realize there's no pointy tip. Dope!!!!

You're looking in the wrong place. The pointy tip is at the bottom of the heel on a nakiri, if you need to do something like core an apple or open a package. ;)

Muscle memory. Just need to use and get used to one. I am clearly impatient. That being said, I have a nice Gihei blue #1 currently, that I rather like. I make a point to pull it out if I know I have onion/ pepper/ garlic/ shallot type prep.
IMG_20190101_215535_591.jpg

Remember those pics a few years back of a million eyeballs, or a bunch of oozing craters? Yah, I was one of those weirdos that couldn't stand to look at them.

Sometimes this handle does it to me.

Problem solved !
DSC_5060.jpeg

Unless you have a Tsukasa Hinoura nakiri then God help you

Moritaka 180 AS would work great for serious prep. The steel & HT is great and it comes with a very nice handle.

Back