Looking for a stainless clad white #1 or #2 western handle gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

battlecry501

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm in the market for a new gyuto, and I could not for the life of me find a stainless clad white #1/#2 western handle gyuto (besides TF). Does anyone have any suggestions? The steel can also be ginsan. Budget is around $300. Thanks.

You already found the winner.

But if you twist my arm, Carter/Muteki makes a stainless clad W#1, although a Western handle may need to be custom ordered

I think OP has to be a little realistic regarding price. Forging SS takes more skill than soft iron. Add the Western handle and the options dwindle even further.

If you're fine with an Aogami Super core:

https://japanesechefsknife.com/coll...to-180mm-to-240mm-3-sizes?variant=29537643011
Very thin behind the edge, with still a good food release thanks to careful grinding: a fatter front section tapering to a flatter tip area.
Steel is very finely grained. Notwithstanding it hardness no brittleness at all. Offers a remarkable edge retention. Have used it on crappy poly boards in a welfare kitchen without any trace of wear at the edge. The thinness allows a rather conservative edge without loss of performance.

Latest posts

Back