looking to buy 270 suji in Tokyo....advice?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowtyper

Reaction score
Going to tokyo and looking to buy some knives. In particular I am looking for a 270 suji...I do want wa-handle. Also I'm only there for 2.5 days so want something fairly convenient. I will be visiting Tsukiji for sure, so any recommendations in the masamoto/.aritsugu./nehoni stores? Not really sure about budget....if I can get this for $400 I will be happy.

I am looking for quite a flat profile and carbon steel (doesn't matter what steel).

Also I will be most likely visiting the Kiya store. Any other recommendations? I am staying in shinjuku. I don't mind to travel to a specific store. Since I don't have much time that is why I'm trying to get a good idea of what knife i want to buy before I go.

Im not sure about brand specific stores. Kappabashi in Asakusa has a whole street dedicated to knives and near Senso-ji there is also a couple of knife stores to.

When I was there tsukiji and kappabashi were the two places that had quite a few shops close together, with limited time this is where I would go again.

Back