looking to buy this unique pizza cutter again

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like it works fine. But does it really work better than a normal in-line pizza wheel? Just curious, I have no skin in this game ;)
I suppose it is subjective, but to me it is night and day. There is something fundamentally awkward about the physics of a normal in-line pizza wheel (disclaimer: I have never been anywhere near an $800 forged pizza wheel). I feel a little embarrassed that I can't adequately describe it scientifically, I did ace that Principles of Mechanics class back in the 80s. I suppose it is not surprising though, because 13 hours of calculus back then and I can't even help my 8th grader with her math homework... Anyway, it is something about the way you can focus the pressure using that fat ergonomic handle at the focal point of the larger than typical wheel, it just really feels better and is more effective.

Last edited:
Looks like it works fine. But does it really work better than a normal in-line pizza wheel? Just curious, I have no skin in this game ;)
I guess I'm addition to the above, it just gives you confidence that you can apply as much weight/pressure as you want and it feels sturdy enough to handle it, much unlike those typical wheels <to me, anyway>.

Back