Lucretia's Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucretia

Reaction score
You guys have officially been a VERY VERY BAD influence on me.

Here are my knives before (there are also a couple of Henkels and a Wusthof Santoku, but you know what they look like):

KnivesBefore.jpg

And here is (a start on) after:

KnivesAfter.jpg

It's been worth every penny--life in the kitchen is much better these days. Besides, they're pretty.:biggrin:

(ZK utility, Epicurian RyuSen santoku, paring, utility, and a gorgeous damascus slicer from Mr. Burke.)

It would appear you have made a few minor upgrades to your collection...!

Love the handle Bill put on that knife.

Which blade sees the most action?

Thanks for sharing Lucretia.

From prison shank to Bill Burke. Not too shabby!

Nice! Did you ever solve your reactivity issues?

Yep--just posted about it. Chicken for dinner tonite and no stink!

From prison shank to Bill Burke. Not too shabby!

That "prison shank" was the first knife I ever bought. (It's a REALLY OLD Hickory.) Poor old thing has really been abused over the years.

Having a hard time getting good photos of the Burke (it's a filet knife, don't know why I typed slicer) that do it justice, but here's a closeup:

Burke.jpg

As far as which sees the most action, the 2 utilities and the santoku get used a lot. The Burke is new. I might have to start buying whole salmon to use it more. Paring knife doesn't get used much at all, but gotta have one.

Went shopping this weekend.

Devin1.jpg

I know, I know--a Boardsmith board is on the list!

Haven't really used the BB enough to write a review, but so far we really like it--once it started to patina and the smell went away. Hoping to go by my favorite fish store soon and grab a salmon to thoroughly test it out. It really wants to cut things--wiping oil off the blade with a paper towel is downright dangerous. Since it's a little more special purpose it might not get used as much as some of the other knives, but it's been a real pleasure so far. Seems to be one of those rare items that combines beauty with function.

Didn't go to Panaca--EE is about an hour north so went and checked out a few knives this weekend. An evil, evil place that creates a vacuum around your wallet. There were several DT knives to look at, including a san mai PM and a couple of damacus knives, but this one just felt the best. (There was a 150 petty that almost went home with us, too. Fantastic little knife. Still thinking about that one.)

Haven't really used the BB enough to write a review, but so far we really like it--once it started to patina and the smell went away. Hoping to go by my favorite fish store soon and grab a salmon to thoroughly test it out. It really wants to cut things--wiping oil off the blade with a paper towel is downright dangerous. Since it's a little more special purpose it might not get used as much as some of the other knives, but it's been a real pleasure so far. Seems to be one of those rare items that combines beauty with function.

Didn't go to Panaca--EE is about an hour north so went and checked out a few knives this weekend. An evil, evil place that creates a vacuum around your wallet. There were several DT knives to look at, including a san mai PM and a couple of damacus knives, but this one just felt the best. (There was a 150 petty that almost went home with us, too. Fantastic little knife. Still thinking about that one.)

I'd have a much bigger collection if I lived that close to EE. I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

That Herringbone Damascus and Black Ash Burl is irresistible.

Rick

It is against my policy to acquire damascus blades, but if it weren't, Devin's herringbone pattern would be at the top of my list followed closely by his feather pattern.

Nice new addition Lucretia!

The BB is 1084 and 15n20, with a Tasmanian blackwood handle. It's incredibly light--kind of like when you get a plastic beer mug when you're expecting glass. Handle is VERY comfortable, and the balance seems to be right about where the bolster starts to neck down towards the blade. Hold it in a pinch grip and it's almost like there's no weight to it at all. Very easy on the wrists.

Nice little knife you got there! What pattern is the damascus?

Wow, I'm jealous. How long have you been waiting for that beauty?

All around I love it. The handle can't be beat. The damascus matches the handle great. The end cap catches the eye, how can it go wrong.

Happy BD, and I'm so happy that you are are a participant here!

Back