Lurker that finally made an account

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ables

Reaction score
Hello, I've been a sharpening stone enthusiast for a long time. Which obviously led me to this forum. Which I have often read. I do enjoy knives too but atleast currently prefer rocks! Nicer knives often mean less sharpening, which for some Is a positive but for me a negative!

Thank you.

Reactions: Pie
Here are two of my favorite stones. Wonderful arkansas rocks I am fortunate to have.

Attachments

• 20220112_091946.jpg
    20220112_091946.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 20211114_113438.jpg
    20211114_113438.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 16
Here are two of my favorite stones. Wonderful arkansas rocks I am fortunate to have.

Welcome to the forum! more specs on the stones please, grits and how do u use them… thanks

WAIT! I think I've seen those stones before...

Welcome mate. See you over on the Washita thread (which is where all the cool people hang out, obviously ;)).

Welcome to the forum! more specs on the stones please, grits and how do u use them… thanks
Thank you. Both are translucent arkansas stones as kingshapton mentioned. The brown/butter one was completely covered in old oil swarf dirt and needed to be cleaned. The white yellow was pristine and sold as a "Japanese waterstone" haha

My favorite finishers for both knives and straight razors are hard arkansas stones.

WAIT! I think I've seen those stones before...

Welcome mate. See you over on the Washita thread (which is where all the cool people hang out, obviously ;)).

Haha, Hellooo, I actually made an account to post over there.

Great decision. This site has expanded my skills and knowledge beyond all else, save practice. Welcome!

edit: BTW -- nice arks!!

The brown/butter one was completely covered in old oil swarf dirt and needed to be cleaned
The brown/butter one, I know the name butterscotch for stones of this type, but I'm not sure if the name is correct or widespread...

My favorite finishers for both knives and straight razors are hard arkansas stones.
Arks are great stones! And lovers of these stones are always welcome.

Back