Media Made By Shinichi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really nice man, thanks for sharing!

Nice shots Benj, jealous of that trip.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! Hope you got a special Watanabe knife while you were therr

No, he took a day off in order to receive us in good conditions and anyway my camera (Leica M9) can‘t make any videos.

Oh I saw a small batch of petty knives made of tamahagane he just made. But he wasn‘t very happy with the result now. He could only harden it up to hrc61.
Anyway, nice looking steel!
Maybe a new „special“ serie is coming!

There was also a HUGE deba like 360mm!

Also many, many, many blades from very rough shape to almost finished and like 1000 broken handles in a large bucket. Also mini handles for chopsticks in it!

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing! Hope you got a special Watanabe knife while you were therr
Actually I have already so much knives from him that I wasn't planing to get a new one. Ok I admit the Tamahagane petties were appealing!
We also tried many many stones...it was funny. So many that I had a hard time to decide wich ones I should take.
I also got a ring from him, silver and pink diamond for the best women ever. But this should stay between us ;-) (I hope she is not reading the forum!)

Actually I have already so much knives from him that I wasn't planing to get a new one. Ok I admit the Tamahagane petties were appealing!
We also tried many many stones...it was funny. So many that I had a hard time to decide wich ones I should take.
I also got a ring from him, silver and pink diamond for the best women ever. But this should stay between us ;-) (I hope she is not reading the forum!)

Hehey! Congratulations! His rings look amazing, I've been thinking about buying one, but they're a bit pricey, aren't they?

The weird thing is, while his website for knives is odd and confusing, the jewelry website actually looks pretty good. It's full of eye-candy, that's for sure.

Back