Made-In Cookware Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're need in of replacing a couple frying pans. As impressed as I am with their stainless items, I'm always hesitant to drop too much coin on non-stick stuff. Worth it though? Would you mind expanding a little on why you like it so much? Much appreciated.

We're need in of replacing a couple frying pans. As impressed as I am with their stainless items, I'm always hesitant to drop too much coin on non-stick stuff. Worth it though? Would you mind expanding a little on why you like it so much? Much appreciated.
Sure, I have the 10” fry pan that has seen about 3 1/2 years of use as my everyday frypan. Use it mostly for eggs and proteins. Lots of salmon, fish and some pork and beef. It’s rated too 500f so I’m comfortable using it for light searing. It still has nonstick properties like when it was new. Only some very light surface scratches due to others(I’m not naming names here) using metal utensils or placing other pans on it. Other non stick and ceramic pans I’ve owned have not held up this well. It works well on my induction top too. Hope this helps.

Sure, I have the 10” fry pan that has seen about 3 1/2 years of use as my everyday frypan. Use it mostly for eggs and proteins. Lots of salmon, fish and some pork and beef. It’s rated too 500f so I’m comfortable using it for light searing. It still has nonstick properties like when it was new. Only some very light surface scratches due to others(I’m not naming names here) using metal utensils or placing other pans on it. Other non stick and ceramic pans I’ve owned have not held up this well. It works well on my induction top too. Hope this helps.

Awesome. Thanks Doug! That helps indeed. Think I'll pick up a 10" as well. Now the question is...blue or gray... :)

Awesome. Thanks Doug! That helps indeed. Think I'll pick up a 10" as well. Now the question is...blue or gray... :)
48012754-0F3B-45BD-B4D4-3DB144C03FE6.jpeg
. Some New Zealand farmed king salmon for moms lunch

I just ordered the grey 12" frypan. The Tefal Jamie Oliver one we have is starting to show signs of giving up the ghost. Not bad, after maybe four years of almost daily use. But the reviews for the Made In one are mostly glowing, so I figured I'll give it a try.

@HumbleHomeCook Thanks for the heads-up!

I just ordered the grey 12" frypan. The Tefal Jamie Oliver one we have is starting to show signs of giving up the ghost. Not bad, after maybe four years of almost daily use. But the reviews for the Made In one are mostly glowing, so I figured I'll give it a try.

@HumbleHomeCook Thanks for the heads-up!

Hope you like it Michi and can't wait to see the food that comes out of it! :)

@HumbleHomeCook Thanks for posting about this and for recommending the Made-In stainless. I just ordered their 12" frying pan. I thought about a carbon steel, but moved off of that. Own some other stainless mainly by Anolon that I like. Also have a stainless pot with a copper bottom from the 60s that I still use. Seems worth a shot for a lot less than All Clad, but All Clad does come with a lid.

oh, the 4 quarts saucepan is tempting. kinda want to get it but I also want a dutch oven as well.
should I get a dutch oven or that sauce pan?
A dutch oven is more flexible. Works for braising, searing, frying, boiling, baking, steaming, and smoking. It is oven-proof and it can double up as a cooler for drinks if you put some ice into it. But I'd definitely get a large one. The 7.25 quart (6.7 l) one is nice. Large enough for baking bread or a large roast.

oh, the 4 quarts saucepan is tempting. kinda want to get it but I also want a dutch oven as well.
should I get a dutch oven or that sauce pan?

I think it depends on your typical cooking style. I use the hell out of my 4qt saucepan (Made-In) but don't often use my Dutch oven. But @Michi is correct in that a Dutch oven can do a lot of things as well. I see them as quite different in application. In a priority listing, I would put a good 4qt saucepan above a Dutch oven by some margin. But, when you want to do something that is right for a Dutch oven, nothing else will work quite as well.

I also own their saucier and 2qt pans and they see a lot of use as well.

I have a Made-In carbon steel wok and it's been great. A little on the heavy side but it does heat distribution very well. It's the only carbon steel plan I own these days and gets used for all kinds of cooking other than just stir-fry which, btw, it does see a lot of use in that area.

The old saying "The right tool for the job" can definitely be applied. That's why it's good to have a lot of tools:). It's just my wife and I, so I use my smaller pots more. My Dutch oven is my 60s pot, but I mainly fry or boil with it. I have a 2.5, 4, and 8 quart pots all stainless Anolon, and they get the most use. Pots are like friends and clamps (woodworking), in that it's hard to have too many.

yeah, both are 4 quartz size, Staub and Made In respectively. I have a hard time having a pot that could sear and braise Lamb shank and could cook biryani rice without a hassle.

As @Michi said, I'd want a larger Dutch oven than 4qt. At the 4qt size, for me, the sauce pan wins without question.

Looks like the sale ends at midnight PST and they added the bakeware sets for 30% off.

I bought my wife a white/red 8"x8" dish that she was eyeing earlier. :)

What do you think of the Rondeau pot? My only thought is I am kind of liking my All-Clad copper cores.

I am making a lot of Italian sauces and freezing some of it. It is great later.

Last edited:
I ordered it. It will be my first made-in pan. All-Clad does not currently make a copper core Rondeau pan that I can find. The price seems good. I hope it cooks evenly when I cook some of my tomato sauces.

This landed today:

5ZMDMl7.jpg

The wife commented that she's excited to use it. :)

Wow that seems fast. I received an email today on my Rondeau pan and they said they would ship in 3 to 5 days. So I am not sure how long it will take.

Wow that seems fast. I received an email today on my Rondeau pan and they said they would ship in 3 to 5 days. So I am not sure how long it will take.

This pan was ordered a few days back. The baking dish I just ordered hasn't even received a shipping notice yet. I reckon they got slammed.

This pan was ordered a few days back. The baking dish I just ordered hasn't even received a shipping notice yet. I reckon they got slammed.

Twas me. I ordered the lot.

Na. I kid :)

Thanks for the head's up mate. I did order a ten inch stainless fry-pan. It'd be my first made in pan.

Latest posts

Back