Made the decision to become a Hobbyist Craftsman

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Rowland

KKF Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Been posting on here for a little over a year and lurking for much longer.

Bit about me and my background.

I have been in a professional kitchen environment in one capacity or another for about 23 years now.
I am a father to a beautiful little 2yo girl.
I am also a voting member of the Georgia custom knife makers guild.
My interest in making came about after using many knives that just did not fit in my hand well so I started modifying the handles, bolsters, thinning etc.
About 10 years ago I tried my hand at making a few Wa handles to upgrade some of my knives and found that I really enjoyed woodworking. Then came a big jump as I took on the chef de cuisine role at the Renaissance Waverly hotel in Atlanta, Ga. Why the significance? Well it is the host hotel to BLADE SHOW. I got to meet/greet, rub elbows, talk ****, and hang out with thousands of amazing makers and after the 2nd year being there I caught the bug and bought some steel, a little baby 1x30 belt sander and started trying my hand at making something that resembled a knife....that was actually an effective cutter. Let's say there was a learning curve. Fast forward a few years later after outgrowing each piece of equipment 1 by 1 upgrading to professional quality pieces.
I have now been making stock removal knives of all types for a little over 5 years. I mostly make kitchen cutlery but do enjoy making outdoor and edc knives as well.
Some of you may have already seen some of my work in the Shop Talk and Handy work Display sub forums as well as a pass-around that I did a little while back.
Besides knives I am into anything that goes Fast or goes Bang.
My facebook, instagram, etsy is RowlandCutlery

I will start a different thread with some of my past work, both kitchen knives and others. But here's a quick picture of a 100mm petty knife I recently finished.

120132349_3557583804323721_6106020690024249061_o.jpg

Nice one Tim,

It has been great having your contributions on KKF! Nice to hear about your creative journey. I am sure your skills and knowledge will continue to level-up. Save a spot for KKF on the ride and keep sharing!

Good luck with the next phase!

:)

Back