MagnaCut gyutos

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSC /// Knives

KKF Supporting Craftsman
Reaction score
I have a few MagnaCut gyutos available that I’ll be making in the coming month or two. Shipping will be from France

Email me if you would like one, don’t msg me here
hsc3knives Gmail
$600 and shipping

these were all heat treated yesterday and are in the 62/63 range.
spine about 2.5 mm and tapering
Flat to convex grind

handle of my choice
No special requests on these please

Left are sold out
Middle 210
Right 203 tall heel

Attachments

• 7C9F2712-C100-43A8-869F-A9B7370D275B.jpeg
    7C9F2712-C100-43A8-869F-A9B7370D275B.jpeg
    231.8 KB · Views: 196
Hey Harbeer,
would be nice to hear about your experience with Magnacut when you are done. Like how workable it is and how did you like it?
Thanks

Hows the gas line fit coming along? Found an adapter for the tank connection ?
not yet....waiting for a response from this company, made an inquiry - EURO GAS BOTTLE WLHT 21.8 TO ACME LPG PROPANE CYLINDER ADAPTER - LPG gas propane filling adapter for autogas stations

The propane fitting and forge is for future work, so I'm not pressed for that yet.

do you have a solution for me?

the good news is in that same suitcase luggage, I have the 9 Magnacut blades, so I have rec'd those, waiting on a grinder now....

more important is the 45 blades I shipped in a priority mail package and the tracking is stuck at Los Angeles since Apr 26, that troubles me

do you have a solution for me?
Unfortunately no, as I'm US based.. Probably some other French or German bladesmiths to see if they have local suppliers. When I was in EU there was a multi industrial parts vendor called Wurth that I worked with. They supplied all across EU and have quite an online presence in form of webshops for most EU countries perhaps worth giving them a shot?

Unfortunately no, as I'm US based.. Probably some other French or German bladesmiths to see if they have local suppliers. When I was in EU there was a multi industrial parts vendor called Wurth that supplied all across EU and they have quite an online presence in form of webshops for most EU countries perhaps worth giving them a shot?
I think I found something - https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Adaptor-Regulator-German-Propane-Bottle/dp/B005P6W5Z2

or U.S. LPG System Adapter To European “Camping Gaz” Cylinders

the good news is in that same suitcase luggage, I have the 9 Magnacut blades, so I have rec'd those, waiting on a grinder now....
more important is the 45 blades I shipped in a priority mail package and the tracking is stuck at Los Angeles since Apr 26, that troubles me
Smart thinking to prioritize those MagnaCut blades and keep them in the checked luggage!
USPS tracking is pretty spotty. I've had numerous experiences with few or no updates and then the package just gets delivered one day. Hope that's the case for you, and that it's soon!

Smart thinking to prioritize those MagnaCut blades and keep them in the checked luggage!
USPS tracking is pretty spotty. I've had numerous experiences with few or no updates and then the package just gets delivered one day. Hope that's the case for you, and that it's soon!
Yeah I didn’t want to lose those!

actually I used mybaggage service which shipped that suitcase via DHL express.

the cost was about the same as a 2nd pc of checked luggage but I didn’t have to lug it around.

that package of 45 blades represents a lot steel and labor. It’s stressful not to see any tracking movement. And there’s no one to call for help

Last edited:
I recently bought from a member in Canada and was waiting for knife with a Canadian Post track #. It arrived in the US at Usorda, USA within a couple days but no status beyond that. A month of waiting I decided to contact USPS via online contact form. They called me within 3hrs (wut?) and said it appeared to be somewhere at customs and that a month is beyond the time of being stuck. The customer service person advised that I file a claim. Dejected I emailed the seller. The next day the knife showed up at my apartment. If you haven’t, Its worth a try to contact USPS…

I recently bought from a member in Canada and was waiting for knife with a Canadian Post track #. It arrived in the US at Usorda, USA within a couple days but no status beyond that. A month of waiting I decided to contact USPS via online contact form. They called me within 3hrs (wut?) and said it appeared to be somewhere at customs and that a month is beyond the time of being stuck. The customer service person advised that I file a claim. Dejected I emailed the seller. The next day the knife showed up at my apartment. If you haven’t, Its worth a try to contact USPS…

A similar situation happened to me in reverse recently.

French customs stopped a shipment from Canada. La Poste never contacted me. The knife just sat there. I eventually contacted them. It was "pending approval" but it was only after I called, and resent them a pro-forma facture that they released it. Even then, it sat there with no change for another 6 days before they finally forwarded it on to me.

And charged me 200 euros in customs duties. Yay. :-/

I filed an inquiry today online

And I have 2 left that are available, the tall heel version on the right. Those will have western handles

Attachments

• 210B022E-88B1-4A53-928B-6E9B7D289C04.jpeg
    210B022E-88B1-4A53-928B-6E9B7D289C04.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Finished the first MagnaCut Gyuto to test. Knife skills by chef mathieu silvestre

I might make this available in the USA as a paid passaround raffle off. Will need a volunteer to coordinate all this for me and enough participants for me to recover my investment

2b9z3HT.jpg

Last edited:
A few of the MagnaCut orders that were shipped out

Attachments

• 820B8110-1799-4D34-9AC5-B54178CE9938.jpeg
    820B8110-1799-4D34-9AC5-B54178CE9938.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 89
  • 55F9691A-3F3B-4297-A809-E8B73275A506.jpeg
    55F9691A-3F3B-4297-A809-E8B73275A506.jpeg
    343.2 KB · Views: 94
  • BC55B001-10DE-449F-86D6-79F7015DAADA.jpeg
    BC55B001-10DE-449F-86D6-79F7015DAADA.jpeg