Quantcast

make deleted threads invisible

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

wenus2

Founding Member
Reaction score
With the uptick in spam there are a lot of deleted threads around, do they need to be visible to users with the standard permission set?
I don't feel it serves much purpose, and it's distracting.
I like the idea of being able to see that a post was deleted within a thread. Mostly so we may follow the thread easier if things suddenly stop making sense after a post was deleted.

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up, you should not see them, we will sort that out.

Pensacola Tiger

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Open the profile of the author of the SPAM and click on "Add to Ignore List" to hide those posts.

SpikeC

Reaction score
You guys must be doing a pretty good job as I don't recall having seen any spam myself!

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Open the profile of the author of the SPAM and click on "Add to Ignore List" to hide those posts.
That's a good tip. Thanks.

Also, I was up doing baby duty in the early hours when the spam bot came online and I flagged 17 comments as spam. Just a note, I also had to wait the 60-second interval to flag spam (just like posting). When I did that, the spam disappeared from the 'What's New' and 'New Posts' view but not internally within the subforums. Just FYI.

k.

Jim

Reaction score
That's a good tip. Thanks.

Also, I was up doing baby duty in the early hours when the spam bot came online and I flagged 17 comments as spam. Just a note, I also had to wait the 60-second interval to flag spam (just like posting). When I did that, the spam disappeared from the 'What's New' and 'New Posts' view but not internally within the subforums. Just FYI.

k.
Thanks for that!

Just as an FYI- if there are multiple posts from the same user no need to do multiple reports. We will delete all his posts at once.

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for that!

Just as an FYI- if there are multiple posts from the same user no need to do multiple reports. We will delete all his posts at once.
I figured that and thought it was probably overkill, but I didn't know if a mod was online.

k.