Makers OEM work

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Walla

Reaction score
So...not sure what the consensus is on discussing makers OEM work is here...

After a bit of research I suspect I have a private label version of a well known maker...

Are there any resources out there that would help...?

Thanks

Jeff

You can discuss it. There are plenty of threads regarding japanese knives where this comes up, and lots of info.

I've got what I suspect to be a Yoshida San OEM...the seller has since closed permanently and at the time the knife was purchased I was told by original buyer...that the seller would only refer to the maker as Yoshi from a small shop near sanjo and for a variety of reasons could not explain further...

I've come across Hide's Export blog showing various knives produced by Yoshida san...and it really looks like one of those... except the kanji are different...

I would assume a private label would have different kanji...

So how do I go about finding out for certain who the manufacturer is...

Anything would help... nothing about yoshikane or Yoshida OEM work came up on a search here...

Take care

Jeff

Posting pics would be a great start. Including pics of the kanji.
Definitely...all I have is poor quality one...will get better quality photos up as soon as possible... should have done that before starting the thread...

Jeff

Attachments

• IMG_20171108_140624.jpg
    IMG_20171108_140624.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 94
Back