Quantcast

Making diamonds with a blowtorch

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

PierreRodrigue

Founding Member
Reaction score
Prett cool!, I wonder if the diamonds created, is worth more than the cost of the fuel burnt?

mr drinky

Founding Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like my Marko custom to have a diamond bolster :) There was a mythbusters where they examined a lot of homemade diamond myths, and in the end they used 5,000 pounds of high explosives to do it.

k.

Marko Tsourkan

Reaction score
I would like my Marko custom to have a diamond bolster :) There was a mythbusters where they examined a lot of homemade diamond myths, and in the end they used 5,000 pounds of high explosives to do it.

k.
I don't even own a torch.

oivind_dahle

Banned
Reaction score
I saw a program on discovery, and its believed that manufactured diamonds will be cheap in the future, and we will see em in our everyday lives (Windows, Electronical equipment, and so on) and I think it would be cool to have a diamond covered knife :) Woot! Never needs to sharpen :)

Eamon Burke

Banned
Reaction score
Cubic Zirconia is cheap, and just as good as a diamond. Not to mention the demand for cubic zirconia hasn't reached unreasonable levels extreme enough to enslave and terrorize half a continent in the cradle of civilization.
:rant:

Customfan

Reaction score
Cool video Marko! Did he start off with carbon?

SpikeC

Reaction score
Cz is not anywhere near diamond. It doesn't look like diamond, it's soft and abrades when you look at it.

Andrew H

The alleles created by mutation may be beneficial
Founding Member
Reaction score
Prett cool!, I wonder if the diamonds created, is worth more than the cost of the fuel burnt?
Most likely not, otherwise companies would be doing it already :biggrin: