Marco Pierre White appreciation thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this great picture of Jim Morrison

MPW.jpg

Anyway, no scat tonight, but I;m surprised that nobody has mentioned that MPW invented Jamaican food in 2013. Proof here

Or at least, he invented Jer-May-Can food or whatever the hell this is. I think he missed a trick by not wearing a turban here, or perhaps one of those amusing hats with attached dreadlocks,

Anyway, no scat tonight, but I;m surprised that nobody has mentioned that MPW invented Jamaican food in 2013. Proof here

Or at least, he invented Jer-May-Can food or whatever the hell this is. I think he missed a trick by not wearing a turban here, or perhaps one of those amusing hats with attached dreadlocks,

Priceless.

And I think Ramsey would agree 🤣

At least he didn't wash the chicken like they wanted him to.

She dying now fwiw, although I’ve even been loathed to level the blame toward MPW on this particular occasion,

More pertinently, I’m far from the greatest proponent of ‘authenticity’ or the belief that adapting food is always akin to cultural appropriation. But as a fellow Caribbean type, even I took a little offence at the ridiculousness of that interpretation of a Jamaican staple**

If Marco had said ‘the locals in PEENIS_SYL-VARNIA love this dish’ and slapped down a slice of spam topped with Gorgonzola and served in brioche, I suspect some here would be less than charitable with his take on a Philly Cheese Steak too

*Jamaicans are wrong on this dish. It isn’t rice and peas, it is peas and rice. This is important Caribbean rivalry business, although I fear my side may have lost this war

I thought that Jamaican rice and peas looked awesome and represented a great spin on the dish.

I followed his recipe for gnocchi last night and it turned out great. Unfortunately I didn’t have any Knorr on hand so I had to do a minor substitution.
638D0297-19BF-411B-AEF9-1CE3BEF76D41.jpeg

PS: I’m actually Jamaican-born and I don’t know wth that dish he cooked was, and even without the “Jamaican” description it looks pretty unappetizing. But subtract the rice, add a bottle of red wine and a scotch bonnet pepper, triple the onion and garlic, add fresh thyme, and you have a dish I call chicken and green peas which is at least Jamaican-adjacent and delicious as hell. My mom used to make that, except without the wine.

Wow, this thread’s been necro-bumped from 6 months ago… and it’s brought a poster from the 1900s with it. Spooky

😲

Thank gawd for the white saviours helping educate those uneducated natives eh.

Watch the video in question and try and defend MPW‘s recipe without the ludicrous generalisations and borderline gibberish above

the maroons were living fine off the eternal fruit of the equatorial land.

Last edited:
No, the video of Marco PW sticking a couple of a stock pots in a chicken drumstick stew with green peas is not a parody. I‘m beginning to think that you never watched the thing, basing your previous rant on some stereotypical preconceptions of a Michelin starred chef against a group of black women for some reason.

I’ll let the rest of your posts speak for themselves.

i just lived my fantasy sitting squeezed like a weisswursts between two

Last edited:
Thanks for editing your posts to be less offensive btw @orangehero . There was a bit of a 1950s language time warp there and I’d advise that you take the esteemed @BillHanna‘s advice if I were you

Back