• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Marko Tskourkan KS profile lefty gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I picked this up BNIB from a fellow Canadian lefty in the summer. See original thread below:

https://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/threads/lefty-marko-260-gyuto.42009/

Used lightly at home amongst other knives in the rotation, I’d keep it if I didn’t need to make some room for some knives that are coming home from the spa soon.

$550 USD includes PayPal and insured shipping/tracking to most worldwide destinations (I can ship just about anywhere)

SPECS
260x52mm KS profile gyuto
A2 steel, asymmetric convex grind
235g (balance just slightly forward of the choil)
Koa D-shape lefty handle with bog oak and mokume ferrule
Includes a leather sheath which Marko said he’d consider a second (there is a stitch which appears to be slightly larger than the others by the thread for the pin, picture below)

These are current pictures (A2 steel doesn’t seem to patina very much). I’ll upload some from my Instagram when I first got it shortly.

If interested please send a PM and we can discuss, I’ll also be listing a couple JNS jnats tomorrow, so could do a package deal if interested.

Thanks for looking.

014769F5-4E95-4F4A-A782-7E7CE513776D.jpeg
95E86BCA-C97C-4589-8786-01B2B2217C0B.jpeg
060A3A14-412B-4F36-ADDC-3DE714D2C5C4.jpeg

Great knife, A2 is a great and has an awesome edge retention
beautiful handle too, lefties should jump on this opportunity

GLWS

Is it just the orientation of the handle that makes this a lefty? The grind looks universal as opposed to lefty balanced.
Just a matter of opinion but I think the lefty D shape handle actually feels pretty good in right hand use.
And with that profile I suspect this 260mm gyuto would feel more like a 245 to 250mm in hand

thanks for the kind words all. It’s been a busy few weeks so am way behind on kkf

One hell of a looker and a lefty too which makes it my kind of knife. Just too long for my kitchen. GLWS.
I can arrange for a Complementary tipping service at no additional cost if interested 😉

Is it just the orientation of the handle that makes this a lefty? The grind looks universal as opposed to lefty balanced.
Just a matter of opinion but I think the lefty D shape handle actually feels pretty good in right hand use.
And with that profile I suspect this 260mm gyuto would feel more like a 245 to 250mm in hand
I was wondiknf the same, but have received confirmation from Marko via a Nyc friend that this was ground for left hand use. That said, when I tried cutting in my right hand, I can’t say I see a a bad performing knife. Of course my use was rather limited as cutting with my right hand feels awkward

Let’s give this a bit of a bump and incentivize… I’ll do either a price drop or group discount with some other items I’ll be posting soon, DM to discuss. Due to working from home my high speed data this month is maxed out so it is slow to make threads/posts, but will create them in due course.

in the interim, I’ll be listing a Mazaki Kurouchi 180mm santoku/bunka with ironwood handle (from a carter knife) and a mokuzo saya (from a larger Takeda, so not a prefect fit,but keeps the blade safe). The knife itself has not been used, but was rehandled since the carter handle was in OK condition. $120 (prices have gone up since the time this was purchased)
FF5819F1-C726-49D1-8F76-AC78F02BE6DE.jpeg

FEC6BBCF-DB8F-4D02-A0E8-2B0AD9CC3DEC.jpeg

0E1F968D-858A-4B66-BA6C-8CD454EB6D4A.jpeg

I also have a couple jnats from jns I’ll need to upload pictures for, but have the links for now. Both are sealed with cashew lacquer, the ohira has been used a bit but the ozuko has not.

https://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/ohira-range-suita-lv-3-5-a965/https://www.japanesenaturalstones.com/ozuku-asagi-lv-5-a959/
$900 for both (ohira suita prices have generally been higherfor comparable stones since this was purchased in 2016)

I have a lefty Marko with convex grind, and he told me his convex grind is symmetrical; only the handle orientation differs.
Marko made knives in both symmetric and asymmetric, left or right handle orientation.
your specific knife is symmetrical and has a lefty handle.

this knife here is asymmetrical lefty grind and handle orientation.

I would buy this back if it was a western. I like the look of wa, but always prefer a western in hand. But, I feel kinda weird about a knife made for me that Tanner bought. At the time he helped dig me out when I was in a pinch. So, I’ll give Tanner 100$ towards the asking price for a prospective buyer. I personally think that’s a steal for any buyer

That's pretty amazing!
If this were stateside I'd probably have to find a way to make this work. At least to try it out and satiate my curiosity

Back