• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Bought Marko WH Western Handle 225ish

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi KKF,

Recently picked up a 240 WH from Marko Tsourkan and it's awesome. A little less length and it would be near perfect for me. Looking for his WH grind around 225mm, western handled, and bonus points for taller heel.

Hit me up if you've got one you're willing to part with 🙏

Thanks!

Last edited:
I have a Marko 225mm K-tip in AEB-L that wasn’t exactly what I wanted at the time but is really an incredible knife. GLWS!
Yeah, I hear you. I grabbed my 240 out of curiosity after reading the reviews on his work. With so many "good" knives around here I try to keep my expectations in check until I get one in hand. Marko didn't disappoint. I'd put this on par with my current favorite a Kip WP. Nice solid WH grind, but can still handle dense stuff like sweet potatoes.

...I mean, these knives stink and someone should probably let me do them a favor and take it off their hands!

Yeah, I hear you. I grabbed my 240 out of curiosity after reading the reviews on his work. With so many "good" knives around here I try to keep my expectations in check until I get one in hand. Marko didn't disappoint. I'd put this on par with my current favorite a Kip WP. Nice solid WH grind, but can still handle dense stuff like sweet potatoes.

What steel? I was looking for 52100, ended up with AEB-L, and have been very happy with it.

...I mean, these knives stink and someone should probably let me do them a favor and take it off their hands!

That's some seriously high praise there... Kipp WP is my favorite grind by a mile. I have always assumed Marko WH grind is quite a bit thicker, is that not so much the case in your example?

@pjheff - mine is 52100

@timebard - I was hesitant to even write the sentence comparing them :) (mainly because I don't want Marko's list to fill up in case this WTB doesn't work out!) My example is decently thin behind the edge. The heel of the Kipp actually looks chunkier based on the choil shots, but performance is about the same. Marko weighs in at 243g at 243mm long and the Kipp is 220g at 230 mm long. Balance point on both is similar, 10-15mm in front of the heel.

Couple choil shots attached. Kipp is the lighter handle, Marko is the dark.

Attachments

• Marko 240 WH Choil.jpg
    Marko 240 WH Choil.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 33
  • Kip 230 WP Choil.jpg
    Kip 230 WP Choil.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 39
Back