D. Martell Martell 240 Wa Gyuto For Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score

PRICED FOR A QUICK SALE!

• Model - Gyuto
  • Blade Length - 240mm
  • Steel - CPM154 (powdered stainless)
  • Hardness - Rc 61-62 (with cryo)
  • Height (at heel) - 55mm
  • Weight - 7.9oz (223 grams)
  • Handle Style - Wa Octagonal
  • Handle Materials - Amboyna Burl (stabilized) with black buffalo horn ferrule & endcap
  • FREE Lifetime Sharpening included!

[FONT=&amp]This knife is made for the professional chef who needs to get things done!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]Made from CPM154 powdered stainless steel to always look good (with minimum maintenance), have great edge retention, and ease of sharpening. The spine, although nicely tapered, retains strength and resists flex.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]The tapered wa octagonal handle is made from stabilized amboyna burl with black buffalo horn on both ends and sealed with a varnish/oil finish.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]This knife is ready to go to work right out of the box!
[/FONT]

[FONT=&amp]*Please see close up pictures for details

Price - $599

If interested in purchasing you can either checkout HERE or send me a PM with your email address and location and I'll follow by sending you a Paypal invoice.
thumbsup.gif
[/FONT]

P1010002.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010011.JPG

P1010012.JPG

P1010013.JPG

P1010020.JPG

P1010024.JPG

P1010027.JPG

P1010029.JPG

Oh my god this is all kinds of nice!

I'm in the market for a thin workhorse 240 but sadly this is out of my budget for the time being. Best of luck with the sale. Somebody is going to get a hell of a gyuto.

I like the look of your western handles the most, but this knife is badass in every way. :doublethumbsup:

GLWS

I think it looks like a great knife, and the handle is beautiful. And your gyutos are known to be great cutters, so whoever scores this will be a happy camper!

Oh my god this is all kinds of nice!

I'm in the market for a thin workhorse 240 but sadly this is out of my budget for the time being. Best of luck with the sale. Somebody is going to get a hell of a gyuto.

That's exactly what this knife is - a thin workhorse - a great description! I don't mean to tease though...sorry. :D

Thanks

I like the look of your western handles the most, but this knife is badass in every way. :doublethumbsup:

GLWS

Yeah I need to do a couple of westerns soon, been missing them a bit myself.

Thanks

I think it looks like a great knife, and the handle is beautiful. And your gyutos are known to be great cutters, so whoever scores this will be a happy camper!

Thanks David!

Great looking knife and I know (how you ask?) it's a great performer. Looks to match - love the Amboyna burl. That in turn, is highlighted by the contrasting black buffalo horn ferrule and endcap. Grab it!

Someone is going to get a great deal on what will obviously be a great cutter...with a badass handle.

Dave, I am really disappointed to see no one has snapped up this knife.

My bank account is disappointed, too.

My knife block on the other hand...

Dave, I am really disappointed to see no one has snapped up this knife.

My bank account is disappointed, too.

My knife block on the other hand...

WooHoo - thanks David! :doublethumbsup:

BTW, are you giving out these knives as gifts or did you buy another monster knife block? :D

I definitely need another knife block...

Or I need to think about actually selling knives some I do not use much. (Ha! probably not...)

Anyway, I've wanted to pick up a gyuto from you for a while, and I've also wanted another gyuto in stainless steel, so this one definitely takes care of those wants. And they can keep the petty and sujis company :biggrin:

I definitely need another knife block...

Or I need to think about actually selling knives some I do not use much. (Ha! probably not...)

Anyway, I've wanted to pick up a gyuto from you for a while, and I've also wanted another gyuto in stainless steel, so this one definitely takes care of those wants. And they can keep the petty and sujis company :biggrin:

I knew that you had to be running out of room even with those monster blocks you have.

I think that you'll like this gyuto, it's nicely ground for your food processing needs. ;)

Thanks again!
Dave

Sweet a new toy for 2018 ECG. Prob need to be sharpened by then anyway. Actually Wildboar need another new knife bloc prob 50+ knives ago. No joke. I’m always amazed rummaging through his draws

Latest posts

Back