D. Martell Martell 240mm Wa Gyuto in Ironwood - For Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score

240mm Wa Gyuto - Standard

• Model - Gyuto
  • Blade Length - 240mm
  • Steel - O1 (high carbon tool steel)
  • Hardness - Rc 60-61 (with cryo)
  • Height (at heel) - 56mm
  • Weight - 7oz (198g)
  • Handle Style - Wa Octagonal
  • Handle Materials - AZ Ironwood with Buffalo Horn Spacer
  • FREE Lifetime Sharpening included!

This knife is a great example of my normal profile and grind.

Cryo treated O1 @ Rc60-61 is tough yet easy to sharpen, you have the best of everything here.

The wa octagonal handle is made from a very unique block of AZ Ironwood that has a knot in the middle of it that connects all sides. The color, depending on the lighting, is seen with reds, brown, orange, and a splash of black. The wood used in this handle has been sealed with a varnish/oil finish to help stabilize the appearance.

This knife is from our Standard line, where we're able to offer the same high quality knife as always, but at a less expensive price point.

*Please see close up pictures for details.

Price - $485

If interested in purchasing you can either checkout HERE or send me a PM with your email address and location and I'll follow by sending you a Paypal invoice.
thumbsup.gif

P1010001.JPG

P1010006.JPG

P1010008.JPG

P1010009.JPG

P1010012.JPG

P1010013.JPG

P1010016.JPG

P1010022.JPG

BTW, I have only 1 more 240mm gyuto blank to make into a knife but I don't know if that's going to get used for an order or not so this knife being sold here might be the last 240mm gyuto in O1 made for sale. If not the last it's 2nd to last anyway.

I really wouldn’t mind scoring an 0-1 gyuto before you stop working with it, any idea how much longer you’ll be using it?

I'm working on the last one right now. It's going to be a western handled 240mm gyuto in really nice AZ Ironwood, kind of like this. ;)

Back