D. Martell Martell Knife Blanks For Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received with thanks Dave. I'll be bent over my pavement if you need me.

I’m watching this space. Almost jumped but realized time and tools are required. I’ll live vicariously through you if you don’t mind Otto...

I have come a pretty far way on my blank, no power tools, just atoma 140 and sand papper. Used the knife all day to day. Check my instagram for the posts about the knife.

@cheflivengood

I have come a pretty far way on my blank, no power tools, just atoma 140 and sand papper. Used the knife all day to day. Check my instagram for the posts about the knife.

@cheflivengood

Whoa! Respect! I don't think that I would be willing to kill two Atomas to do that, but it's pretty damn cool. There's also a certain satisfaction to using a knife the you personally made. :doublethumbsup:

Whoa! Respect! I don't think that I would be willing to kill two Atomas to do that, but it's pretty damn cool. There's also a certain satisfaction to using a knife the you personally made. :doublethumbsup:

Haha ya, I was just going to slowly make this thing over the course of a year, but there were too many doubters which fuels my fire. "Impossible in a year? Ya I'll just go ahead and do it in 3 months." That's a little peak into how I treat most of my lifes activities.

Livengood that's insane! Great work dude must be quite a workout

You totally gotta change that screen name to ChicagoShig now haha

attachment.php

I've got some more of these available....fully hardened, ready to grind, Martell knife blanks!

Qty. 2 - 300mm Sujihiki

Qty. 2 - 270mm Gyuto

Qty. 2 - 180mm Nakiri

Stats:

Steel - O1

Rc 60-61 (Fully Hardened)

Cryo Treated

Thickness - 3/32"

These blanks are ready to be ground, although you might want to tweak the profile to remove the waterjet tooling marks, etc first. Maybe convert to a hidden tang (for wa or western).... or leave as is - Your choice!

Price - $75 each (shipping $9 in the USA, even for multiples)

International OK but must pay actual shipping costs.
dntknw.gif

If interested please shoot me a PM (or email) with how many of what details along with your email address (for Paypal) and if international please also include your country name as well.

Thanks,
Dave

I really want one of those 300 sujis... but I just know in my heart it will be another incomplete project 😂.

Maybe I should finish my knife block before I even think of starting something new

I also have available a one off 300mm sujihiki blank that's got a hidden tang already ground that I'd sell cheap. The reason is that this was done years ago back when I was still learning and the front of the handle grind in is, IMO, a little too close to the choil. This means that the choil would need to be re-profiled. This might not be that big of a deal to most as you'd probably want to do this anyway to make it your own style.

Price $45 plus $9 shipping in US
dntknw.gif

No pictures....yet if you need them - no problem - but the price will be $75 :razz:

I also have available a one off 300mm sujihiki blank that's got a hidden tang already ground that I'd sell cheap. The reason is that this was done years ago back when I was still learning and the front of the handle grind in is, IMO, a little too close to the choil. This means that the choil would need to be re-profiled. This might not be that big of a deal to most as you'd probably want to do this anyway to make it your own style.

dntknw.gif

No pictures....yet if you need them - no problem - but the price will be $75 :razz:

couldnt this be fixed by simply leaving more machi exposed, giving the sujihiki a cool traditional japanese blade feel.

couldnt this be fixed by simply leaving more machi exposed, giving the sujihiki a cool traditional japanese blade feel.

Technically yes but I think in this case it wouldn't look so good. If you saw the blank I think you'd agree.

dntknw.gif

Here's the hidden tang suji. Shoot me a PM of you're interested.

Please don't judge me too harshly on the tang grind, I was very new to knifemaking when I did this. :O

P1010001.JPG

P1010004.JPG

Back