• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Masahiro komagiri 240mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Masahiro komagiri, Japanese steel from Hocho. Not sure if this is the same line as Virgin Carbon, rumored to be Takefu V2. This is one of those less expensive special purpose knives I posted about - not a gyuto, but just perfect for mincing large amounts of herbs or other high volume low precision tasks. If your kit is mostly lasers or very thin edges knives this is a nice thing to have around. I’ve started doing all those tasks with my Hitohira Togashi so this one’s up for sale. The steel is impressive in its edge taking and edge holding, although the robust geometry probably helps with retention too. Monosteel, not terribly reactive. Lightly used, I did some thinning and convexing to give it less of a shoulder and a small bevel. $110 shipped CONUS.

Note: this is not a Western deba, it’s heavy and pretty tough under rock chopping and banging on the board but I don’t know how it would hold up to bones and pumpkin stems and lobster shells and such.

Length 241mm, height 67mm, thickness 3mm, weight 359g

AB3322C8-75FB-4852-98EB-8D1B6FBA2957.jpeg
2F94E644-D9A6-4C7A-9853-0FA508BC23B2.jpeg
0E5F4642-69C4-4320-9807-8B1C2B6410C8.jpeg

Back