• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB Masami Asai Gyuto or Suji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagakin

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 240-270 yo handle from his PM line. Open to anything with his suminagashi really, since they just don't show up. Let me know what you got.

Edit: I'm open to nakiri too.

I have a Asai pm 240mm gyuto I would think about selling. Only used a few times for veg prep, the blade has never hit a stone nor a steel. Will try to upload a couple pics later

I have a Asai pm 240mm gyuto I would think about selling. Only used a few times for veg prep, the blade has never hit a stone nor a steel. Will try to upload a couple pics later
Thanks, if you could message those I'd be interested in talking.

Mod Note: Pls make all offers, negotiations, etc, thru PM. Just like it says in the rules.

Thread "cleaned up" at OP reqest.

I sold my Asai Hayabusa and now wish I hadn't. I got my 240 AS in the 350-400 range. I think it's a great performer in that price range
I haven't tried an actual Asai yet, but I love Yamamoto's work. Definitely has my vote in that price range.

I haven't tried an actual Asai yet, but I love Yamamoto's work. Definitely has my vote in that price range.
My friend got a Yamamoto, AS hammered finish. Side my side they felt a bit different to me. Shared DNA, but the Asai was slimmer. Can't comment on the other lines. I like the oversized, Takefu work-ethic they both bring.
I was willing to sell because it felt like a 'lesser', redundant, TF. It wasn't. More like a Watanabe with a usable tip.

Bump. Let's try this again with the Google flipper gone.

I don't want it anymore? Sorry for questioning why you went four months back to bump a thread you were already warned in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back