Masamoto KS 240mm Gyuto KS3124 Available Soon

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andreu

Reaction score
Heads up to all fellow KKF members. I just got a confirmation with Koki (JCK) that he will be getting a new batch of the Masamoto KS 240mm Gyuto. This is the monosteel version model# KS3124. I didn’t get the specific as to how many he will have but it will be available I believe next week. This is good news for those who hasn’t had the chance to try the KS because of the lack of availability.

Good luck!

Wonder what the price will be... and when they will be available...

Wonder what the price will be... and when they will be available...

If I am not mistaken, but please don’t quote me on this, it will be for $340.00 USD and it will be available next week.

So, there was one on BWJ, CKTG is getting some and JCK is getting some. Wonder if they are back in production or if they found a load of them in the back of the warehouse or something.

Master Hirano is reaching 90 years of age; get your KS while you can. This stock has a laser etched kanji.

I’m receiving 4 of them shortly w/ sayas. I also expect 2 with the original kanji. I’m sick of seeing these priced at $550 USD with no saya. Once I pick mine, I’ll be passing these along to you guys at fair value.

I expect the stock at JCK, CKTG, and everywhere else to sell instantly. Most stores will only receive a small batch. The back order is outstanding, the retailer I spoke to isn’t expecting any more stock this calendar year.

these apparently are coming in at distributor level

So, there was one on BWJ, CKTG is getting some and JCK is getting some. Wonder if they are back in production or if they found a load of them in the back of the warehouse or something.

When I asked blueway he was uncertain whether he was getting more or not. He said he would find out after the holidays.

Master Hirano is reaching 90 years of age; get your KS while you can. This stock has a laser etched kanji.

I’m receiving 4 of them shortly w/ sayas. I also expect 2 with the original kanji. I’m sick of seeing these priced at $550 USD with no saya. Once I pick mine, I’ll be passing these along to you guys at fair value.

I expect the stock at JCK, CKTG, and everywhere else to sell instantly. Most stores will only receive a small batch. The back order is outstanding, the retailer I spoke to isn’t expecting any more stock this calendar year.

Dude, yru buying 4? Don't mean any offense if you plan on passing along for fair price but this is why the market is ******* insane.

I think it’s the latter part. Not sure if this will be back in production since this may have been old stocks that was just finished recently.

Well, I've been on the email list for ages. Hope I get lucky from one of these retailers!

Good luck! Hope that you get one. If not, Fujiyama can help you in that regards. Four Masamoto KS ordered. 😀

Dude, yru buying 4? Don't mean any offense if you plan on passing along for fair price but this is why the market is ******* insane.
I get to choose from the creme de la creme.

I’ve done no harm to the market and don’t plan to. Go talk to soreal, valkyrae, labor of love and all the others (ouch!).

I’ll be taking detailed photos including choil shots of each knife.

I’ve done no harm to the market and don’t plan to. Go talk to soreal, valkyrae, labor of love and all the others (ouch!).

Maybe or maybe not...vendor can pick any 4 be wants to send you. Not real smart on the vendors part either because it's not like he won't sell all of them. Whoever buys from you will have the price inflated by at least shipping plus PayPal. This is exactly what happened with Shigs and Katos. Also, those who buy from you get your sloppy seconds;)

BTW, I'm just a casual observer/commenter on this as I won't be trying for one...again just an observation...like the kid who tries to get all the candy before the other kids get their share but such is life...kind of reminds me of our pos trumper.

As to Labor of Love, he's sold more knives under cost than any member here...talk all the **** you want about others but you should leave him out of the discussion.

The vender will send me the 4 knives I received detailed photos of. A brand new knife is hardly a sloppy second.

I have nothing against labor of love or any other member here for that matter, but don’t call me out for being real about it. I honestly thought it was a joke on his part..

The vender will send me the 4 knives I received detailed photos of. A brand new knife is hardly a sloppy second.

I have nothing against labor of love or any other member here for that matter, but don’t call me out for being real about it. I honestly thought it was a joke on his part..

I’m not profiting from the KS I have in bst. I am listing KS at a high trade value for a shig/kato trade. All three knives have trade values above retail($525 KS for $700-800 shig/kato) I think this is very fair. If I can’t work out a trade I also will be selling the KS for $340.
In essence I’m fighting fire with fire.

I’m surprised that Labor of Love was lumped together with the others. Craig is a stand up person.

I’m not profiting from the KS I have in bst. I am listing KS at a high trade value for a shig/kato trade. All three knives have trade values above retail($525 KS for $700-800 shig/kato) I think this is very fair. If I can’t work out a trade I also will be selling the KS for $340.
In essence I’m fighting fire with fire.
Didn’t mean to drop names, the recent discussions have me quite opinionated. I understand and actually I support that. I almost posted in your thread the other day encouraging a trade. At the end of the day you made a good buy. Someone out there wants a KS and has a drawer queen, it works out for both of you in the end.

At the same time, valuing the trade at $525 is $185 over retail. Why is it okay for a well respected member to do this, but no one else? I see one person taking all the crap for something we’re all responsible for.

Sorry to be that guy, but it’s time we stop placing blame and start helping each other out.

trades dont really work on monetary value equally necessarily. someone has something the other wants mutually and it gets done. just shut up about this already.

on topic": unless it's really old stock, i'm pretty sure it wont be nearly as good as the originals were..

I’m surprised that Labor of Love was lumped together with the others. Craig is a stand up person.
Let me clarify, some members have done things to lose respect from the community. I do not consider labor of love one of those guys. I do question double standards.

The thing is he's not selling, the knife he want's is likely to be inflated by $200 or more as well. It's just a way to go around it. And those knifes (KS) have been selling for more than $500 behind scenes.
This is the same reason I prefer trades of rare knife for rare knife rather than selling my knife and buying another, if I sell at fair price I don't get enough to buy the knife I want, if I sell at market then I don't feel great about it. But most of all I am not gonna have it that I sell my knife only to see it turn into someone else's profit right away. Hence why I mostly trade rare knives, only way both parties will be happy in the current situation.

And I don't care, I have nothing against what either of u are doing.

Apart from you are wrong. You are inflating the market.

Yes you will catch and release, but how long will it take you to decide?

For that time 3 to 4 people that wanted won't get that one, and someone who does get one of the other stock and sell at am increased price if said people really want it.

I'm not against what you are doing, just think it is naive of you to believe it doesn't affect the market. May be minimal, but if you take a few weeks to relist it may be more significant, at least to a few that really want one....

Didn’t mean to drop names, the recent discussions have me quite opinionated. I understand and actually I support that. I almost posted in your thread the other day encouraging a trade. At the end of the day you made a good buy. Someone out there wants a KS and has a drawer queen, it works out for both of you in the end.

At the same time, valuing the trade at $525 is $185 over retail. Why is it okay for a well respected member to do this, but no one else? I see one person taking all the crap for something we’re all responsible for.

Sorry to be that guy, but it’s time we stop placing blame and start helping each other out.

I would be more than happy to place the value of my KS at retail for a trade for a shig or kato whose value is also placed at retail. Either way the discrepancy is $150-250.

Heck I have also stocked on a second sample of rare knives as trade bait, I see no issue with that, others may see it different but I honestly don't care.

Maybe the The bst guideliines should be modified
to allow trades based on pre-hype values :)

ie, a 2010 value KS trades for a 2010 value Shig
(+/-) proportioned cash ∆, etc

what people trade is no one else's business. besides what ever value you list it as doesnt mean anything. that's what negotiations are for and if there is someone to agree upon listed value, well that's between the two parties involved..

besides what ever value you list it as doesnt mean anything.

thats actually not true.

non-cash deals are not free market transactions
and should not be "priced" in to the market

(If they were free market deals
they wouldn't be PIK in the first place
they would be cash...etc)

edits: to make the point more clear

just shut up about this already.
Thanks for the advice champ.

Apart from you are wrong. You are inflating the market.

Yes you will catch and release, but how long will it take you to decide?

For that time 3 to 4 people that wanted won't get that one, and someone who does get one of the other stock and sell at am increased price if said people really want it.

I'm not against what you are doing, just think it is naive of you to believe it doesn't affect the market. May be minimal, but if you take a few weeks to relist it may be more significant, at least to a few that really want one....
Please, don’t be so negative..

Why do you assume I’m only interested in selling? Why would it take me longer than an hour to decide? Why is a one week wait a big deal if you want this knife? Would you have an opportunity to buy or trade for this if it weren’t listed here?

These knives weren’t sourced from a popular retailer that would have emailed us like JCK. I’m also quite interested in trading for jnats or other knives so people don’t have to stretch their budgets.

Yes, shipping and fees effect the market. That’s why I purchased at a fair price.

I would be more than happy to place the value of my KS at retail for a trade for a shig or kato whose value is also placed at retail. Either way the discrepancy is $150-250.
I know where you’re coming from. It’s a fair trade value in my opinion.

i have a new knife on the way i am thinking might allow me to release my OG KS in seek of a trade for a suji but all this drama is making me feel like 'nah imma just hold on to this' yall are so volatile.

Back