• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTS Masamoto KS

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello everyone! Selling my Masamoto KS 240 (which is actually a 250ish)

I’m sure everyone here knows the details of this knife but just a few things about it for those that don’t:
-Monosteel (not clad), Shirogami #2 Carbon steel
-Originally modeled after the French Sabatier style knife
-Magnolia wood handle with Blonde Buffalo Horn Ferrule
-Cutting edge length: 255mm
-Total Length: 405mm
-Blade Thickness: 2.8mm
-Blade Height: 49mm
-Handle Length: 138mm
-Total Weight: 176g

This one in particular has been used 8 or so times, all at home. It has been stropped on leather as well as sharpened on SG stones… mostly just touchups but one full progression as well. The knife has a beautiful patina on it, obviously since it is one solid piece of Hitachi White#2 carbon steel, it is very reactive. No scratches, issues, repairs, etc.

Comes with (and originally came with) an awesome Saya made specifically for the knife. Fits like a glove, honestly one of my favorite sayas!

It’s a fantastic knife and I would honestly keep it, but I have purchased many new toys lately and I have to let some things go!

I paid $450 for it, asking $300. CONUS preferred but if you are outside of CONUS and are super interested please message me.

C8BE16E8-56EA-4202-844E-68CB884B0962.jpeg

61D5D706-2D89-4EC3-A562-A270C30AB4FD.jpeg

CBD78D9C-A3CD-47A0-B769-384A3F095800.jpeg

89DB01D1-5C2F-4331-83FF-F11135D26B8E.jpeg

Fk let me know if this falls through. Will buy

SOLD to the paranoiac with the crappy postal worker! 😂

Well after a couple of interesting, at times very entertaining bumps in the road, I got an awesome new knife and a new buddy! Thanks Tyler, absolutely super transaction, I look forward to the next one!

Here she is showing off in her new home after a quick strop. :)

Back