Masashi Koi line

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cksnffr

Reaction score
Are these ground as nicely as his higher-end stuff? Fit and finish? They seem to be the Masashi "budget" line, although of course it's all relative.

it doesn't look like normal or typical gyuto... extra tall, very pronounced belly. if you like it, good for you. The edge geometry is good though, thin behind the edge, and semi-wide bevel. Basically Yoshikane with a different profile. I've used the tester one on Knifewear it's nice, better cutter than most Masakage that they have grind wise.

Considering how close they all are in price the new aframes profile sld and white 2 just seem nicer in every aspect

I have the masahi 240 from aframes and I really like it. Steel holds a decent edge. Pretty thin behind the edge and it cuts well. I’ve heard the food release is a little better with the 270 but I haven’t had too many problems. I use it a lot when I just don’t have the time to deal with carbon or when i’m just feeling like using something stainless. Profile on the newer one looked better to me so I went with that one over the original. Handle is awesome. I would totally pick up more masahi in the future. Yoshihiro has some nice options as well for masahi.

Back