Massdrop for KKF?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Massdrop for KKF?

• Yes

Votes: 100 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
so the massdrop work seems to have begun. My private mass drop is finished, and I should be getting my knives soon

Robin sent me a pic of one of them which I share because it will explain why I am looking forward to receiving them

this is the 240 HSS by Robin in a Kiri box (he will stamp it RD) that I had ordered for my mass-drop 22 knives

C01499A0-0D5B-4B9D-8C18-859471390D87.jpeg

Hehe I had actually got that a bit wrong. I think the insets should be like this. Now we just gotta decide if we include hipster shavings or not 😅View attachment 110043

Oh wow! Even better! I can’t wait to get these. What a great unexpected touch!

if some of my clients don’t get these, I guess the forum folks will help me find alternative homes for these beauties😂😂😂

All pass around participants will need to apply a generous coat of oil and spend several minutes vigorously rubbing it in (or out).
"Daniel-son! Rub in! Rub out! Ta-ta-ta! No limp wrist! Like this. Rub in. Rub out. Rub in. Rub out." - Karate Kid XXX

My Kaeru Maksim mass-drop was sent to all employees and some clients worldwide 2 weeks ago

The feedback has been incredible and heartfelt. People love the 240mm SLD Kaeru and have found it to be a great performer in home kitchens from Australia to Singapore, EU, Lat-Am and Americas

And the best part is the spouses/partners loved it as well - turned to be such a huge success - and a great conversation piece

Maksim was terrific to work with, he shipped me pre-packaged boxes, so all I had to do was to stick a label on it. Any issue I had, he had a ready solution. Without his help, I would not have thought a mass-drop would be possible.

So now we turn our attention to the KKF Honyaki massdrop - Robin has shipped out my private order, so I suspect he will be more focused on the KKF order going forward

I will ask robin to see if he can video-post his musings as we go along, so we are all updated and can see the Honyaki coming together. I liked his last video - maybe we see fart quenching in action😂

There was just bad language in the shop. The logostamp seems to have lost it's centered balance for freestand, and I just managed to logo all 210 and 17 out of 18 240s without hitting that thumb that was living dangerously. Now chances are the 180s and 270 gets weak logos as that hammer put the fear in that thumb on the last 240 😅😁
IMG_20210118_135948.jpg

The thumb is ok btw. It was a glancing hit so the hammer didnt come full force

I am both pleased that your thumb suffered no permanent damage (not to minimize a "glancing hit" with that sledge) and saddened that the subsequent swearing didn't make it into the video record. I think there may be material for a potentially great documentary on the Nordic smiths. Maybe there is one but I can't think of an appropriate Norwegian, Swedish, or Danish director but Aki Kaurismäki could be right for the job. I think Werner Herzog might imbue it with too much cosmic portent.

Even a glancing off blow by a 1 kg hammer can seriously hurt, I truly appreciate that the blades will be imprinted with some soul ;-)
1,5 kg even or slightly less maybe 1,4 as I've reground it's faces a fair bit.

Guess that's what the tool forums are debating nowadays?
'What hammer grind has the best thumb release?' :D

Guess that's what the tool forums are debating nowadays?
'What hammer grind has the best thumb release?' :D
😅🤗It's for handforging, one more round for stock thinning and one flatter for evening it out.

The weird thing was that it did not look that bad, nowhere near what you'd expect (what cartoons show...)

Must have been a miracle. So no signs of crush/compartment syndrome at all?

Unless I'm misunderstanding things, there's no way a limb that got caught in a steel roller would be the same as before.

Must have been a miracle. So no signs of crush/compartment syndrome at all?

Unless I'm misunderstanding things, there's no way a limb that got caught in a steel roller would be the same as before.

Nah I did not say that ;-) Crush damage was present and the surgery performed was an attempt to prevent compartment syndrome...it was just that to the eye things looked fine.

let's not scare off Robin, he might quit doing what he's doing ;)

Nah I did not say that ;-) Crush damage was present and the surgery performed was an attempt to prevent compartment syndrome...it was just that to the eye things looked fine.

let's not scare off Robin, he might quit doing what he's doing ;)
Haha no worries there. Neighbour have told me about when he was young and they forged on the huge steam hammers here. Once they misplaced a ~100 kg piece slightly on the anvil and it flew practically through a man :/

Haha no worries there. Neighbour have told me about when he was young and they forged on the huge steam hammers here. Once they misplaced a ~100 kg piece slightly on the anvil and it flew practically through a man :/
If you're in the lab industry, look up centrifuge malfunctions. Gnarly.

Back