Massdrop for KKF?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Massdrop for KKF?

• Yes

Votes: 100 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
Ok back to serious again...
Kiri boxes

I have requested japanese production of 100 kiri boxes like previously shown. They will be adding ~300 sek (maybe slightly less, hopefully not more) to prices but I hope everyone agrees with this, as it also saves NKW and Rocky alot of packaging headaches. I don’t know their leadtime more than they're beginning to get made, but am optimistic to have them in reasonable time.

IMG_20210119_105704.jpg

Ok back to serious again...
Kiri boxes

I have requested japanese production of 100 kiri boxes like previously shown. They will be adding ~300 sek (maybe slightly less, hopefully not more) to prices but I hope everyone agrees with this, as it also saves NKW and Rocky alot of packaging headaches. I don’t know their leadtime more than they're beginning to get made, but am optimistic to have them in reasonable time.

Sounds great!
I also don't mind waiting a bit longer for this (within reason of course).

Could you please arrange with NKW, RockyBasel and Lemeneid that one of them coordinates this? Should we for example send a PM in a specific format to NKW again?

Sounds great!
I also don't mind waiting a bit longer for this (within reason of course).

Could you please arrange with NKW, RockyBasel and Lemeneid that one of them coordinates this? Should we for example send a PM in a specific format to NKW again?

Not to worry, these will come standard for all knives, no arranging needed.

No promises on the artisanal wood shavings, though if you really want some I can buy a block of cedar and grate some into everyone's kiri boxes like those parmesan folks at olive garden or something.

In addition to those little wood squigglies, you should also just dump whatever shop sweepings and other misc items (gum wrappers, exhaust lint, dental floss, etc) resulting from your work. Better than dirtying up your own bins, and we commonfolk would probably be still none the wiser.

In addition to those little wood squigglies, you should also just dump whatever shop sweepings and other misc items (gum wrappers, exhaust lint, dental floss, etc) resulting from your work. Better than dirtying up your own bins, and we commonfolk would probably be still none the wiser.

What a great idea, I will have Robin eat lots of fiber and drop a deuce in each of them to help the knives stay in place during shipping.

Edit: I read too fast, the word "excrement" was in fact not mentioned here.

Haha 😅

Yes, to be clear; All knives will get kiri boxes along with the price increase of 300. If someone wants to decline purchase of the knife altogether that's fine of course also. But we believe most people want this and it helps nkw and rocky with the distribution as the kiri boxes come with individual sturdy cardboard box ready for shipping along.

Edit clarified; passing would be passing on the knife altogether.

Last edited:
Haha 😅

Yes, to be clear; All knives will get kiri boxes along with the price increase of 300. If someone wants to decline purchase that's fine of course also. But we believe most people want this and it helps nkw and rocky with the distribution as the kiri boxes come with individual sturdy cardboard box ready for shipping along.

It is indeed as Lord Dalman says:

Each knife will come with a kiri box, and an according amount of around $40 US (300 SEK 300 sex hehe) will be included in the final price.

To clarify, there will be no option to refuse just the box, but if you loathe kiri boxes or have another strong reason to decline the knife please reach out and send me a PM.

Thanks,
NKW

Good idea, but Ivd be concerned for chipped edges.

We need the ones that are individually wrapped. I've seen some candies that come sealed like little air filled pillows. These would be perfect - ensure the knife doesn't move and a nice snack after.

Last edited:
Haha 😅

Yes, to be clear; All knives will get kiri boxes along with the price increase of 300. If someone wants to decline purchase of the knife altogether that's fine of course also. But we believe most people want this and it helps nkw and rocky with the distribution as the kiri boxes come with individual sturdy cardboard box ready for shipping along.

Edit clarified; passing would be passing on the knife altogether.

I like the idea of the kiri box but I hope the cardboard box is really as sturdy as you wrote because I have gotten some heavy damaged parcels in the last time. They seem to play american football with the parcels :(.

Is there a kind of wrapping planned for the knife inside the box (paper not wood shavings or candy) just to be safe not to damage the knife?

I like the idea of the kiri box but I hope the cardboard box is really as sturdy as you wrote because I have gotten some heavy damaged parcels in the last time. They seem to play american football with the parcels :(.

Is there a kind of wrapping planned for the knife inside the box (paper not wood shavings or candy) just to be safe not to damage the knife?
Will try to make them usps proof yes(if that is possible). But that was a big part of why I switched to courier shipping :/

Back