Massdrop for KKF?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Massdrop for KKF?

• Yes

Votes: 100 87.0%
  • No

Votes: 15 13.0%

• Total voters
Next up handle installations

Attachments

• IMG_20210305_083222.jpg
    IMG_20210305_083222.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 113
Instead of using an electric carving knife with cheap stainless blades, would it be possible to attach some nice Dalman steel to a shakeweight? Or better yet, incorporate the motor into that polished custom wood?

And if you get this from burnfitting, like some tar residue from smoke, that wipes off easy with alcohol. Sooner easier than later. I see some jknives sometimes with this left on the blades.

Attachments

• IMG_20210308_090724_1.jpg
    IMG_20210308_090724_1.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 32
Thank you Robin, that was really informative and fun to watch. I’ve been using 30 minute slow set epoxy resin. I use the same procedure, without the torch of course😅. I’m going to give the hot glue a try. You don’t have to hold onto the knife for as long to wait for it to set and you can remove the handle if you ever need to. I enjoy watching a veteran like you doing your craft.

And if you get this from burnfitting, like some tar residue from smoke, that wipes off easy with alcohol. Sooner easier than later. I see some jknives sometimes with this left on the blades.

That's a hot tang! I've always been afraid to make it that hot when installing. But I've never done a real burn in, just an install where I get the handle hot enough to melt the wax or glue... Inspiring.

That's a hot tang! I've always been afraid to make it that hot when installing. But I've never done a real burn in, just an install where I get the handle hot enough to melt the wax or glue... Inspiring.
Yea i will admit that was a bit hotter than necessary, but works 🤗

Thank you Robin, that was really informative and fun to watch. I’ve been using 30 minute slow set epoxy resin. I use the same procedure, without the torch of course😅. I’m going to give the hot glue a try. You don’t have to hold onto the knife for as long to wait for it to set and you can remove the handle if you ever need to. I enjoy watching a veteran like you doing your craft.
Hey I made my first knife about six years ago 🤗 but thanks, good to hear it might help.

Hey I made my first knife about six years ago 🤗 but thanks, good to hear it might help.

Please tell me you were a corporate executive before that, or a copy editor for an advertising company. Btw, I heard someone call you the grandfather of Swedish knifemakers recently. It must be a young field! :)

Well, you’re a veteran to me and your knives are beautiful. I’ve only made maybe 10 or so knives in a little over a year. And I don’t sell any of them, just give them away. The videos are really enjoyable so thank you for that.

Please tell me you were a corporate executive before that, or a copy editor for an advertising company. Btw, I heard someone call you the grandfather of Swedish knifemakers recently. It must be a young field! :)
I worked in a industry with quality control, checking practical function and tolerances to standards, for parts we built battery cabinets with.

Back